Dr. Oetker is a family owned business that has been creating high quality foods for over 100 years. We truly believe that “Quality is the Best Recipe” and this ethos has been running through our business since we were founded in 1893 and is a testament to our longevity and success. With us you have the chance to shape your future and ours alongside more than 11,500 colleagues in over 40 countries.
Rest assured the Pizza & Cake Categories are where it's happening
- Double Digit Growth in many accounts
- High/Dynamic SKU Count
- The need for Sophisticated Merchandising/Range Management
- Great mix of Shoppers
Making it a great time to join us on our growth journey.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Category Executive to join our Pizza & Cake Category Marketing team. The core purpose of the role will be:
- To lead the category agenda within the C&I Channel
- To develop category relationships within the C&I Channel
- To support the Category Manager’s in delivery insight to their retailers
- To help identify and understand shopper and consumer insight across both Pizza and Cake
Contribute to the development of the Category Strategy.
- Working with the internal commercial teams to identify category opportunities using market, retail, consumer and shopper insight data to help formulate category plans in conjunction with the wider category team, sales & marketing teams.
- Interrogation of all 3rd party data sources (e.g. IRI, Kantar, Dunhumby) to distill key development areas
- Lead the convenience agenda across both categories by identifying opportunities and prioritising to deliver incremental sales across the channel
Support the execution of the Category Strategy
- Establish regular and positive category relationship with specified customers, maintaining our reputation as the experts in both Categories, encouraging the development of joint category initiatives and planning.
- Demonstrate best practice merchandising and category segmentation based on translating consumer insight and understanding shopper decision making process with specified customers.
- Support the work required to undertake range review/ merchandising projects to maximise space and visibility to drive category performance and Dr. Oetker Brand performance in specified retailers.
- Support the implementation of specific shopper marketing activity in conjunction with Brand team to achieve agreed brand objectives maximising use of specific retailer media opportunities.
- Support the category team objectives to provide for specific retailers with robust recommendations linking to category segmentation & shopper insight
Account Contacts and Account Planning Input
- With specified customers contribute to the category team goal of ensuring that Dr. Oetker is recognised as the source of impartial expert opinion for both categories across commercial; marketing; category and merchandising personnel.
- Liasing with Account managers to ensure catman initiatives, actions are captured in detail within individual account plans of specified customers.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Contribute to monthly/quarterly reports including summary detail of achievements/progress vs plan, KPI update and revised action plan.
- Contribute to the Monthly Internal presentation following analysis of market data information including summaries covering key trends, issues and opportunities.
- Contribute to any ad hoc reporting required within the category team.
- Regular store visits/audits to ensure customer compliance to agreed activities/actions in specified accounts
The successful candidate will ideally have some level of Category/Sales/Marketing experience within an FMCG environment; this could be either Supplier or Retail side. Experience of IRI/Kantar and Range/Space Management systems are preferable. Being highly analytical well organised with strong attention to detail you will have a passion for converting data into actionable insight and grasp the opportunity to learn.
Ideally we are seeking a candidate who has all the above, yet has a “Real Passion” for Achieving, someone who drives for success not only in themselves but derives a bigger buzz from the success of working in a Team.
You must be IT literate, highly numerate with a “Can Do” mentality.
Please Note: We have chosen to worth with Category-Captain & 1 other PSL Recruitment Group; therefore we kindly ask that “Other/Non PSL recruiters” respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.