A rare opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Director to join our well-established family business. You will become a critical part of our senior leadership team playing a pivotal role in the long-term future of our business. This is the chance for someone to make a real difference to our brand, driving us to make the most of every opportunity including those that we cannot yet imagine.
You may be taking a step up into a more senior role for the first time. As a business we operate to four guiding principles; warm hospitality, an eye for quality, craftsmanship and innovation. Our Directors must live and breathe these every day.
Core duties and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for growing the recently relaunched brand of our hotels and inns estate, promoting the brand as a whole as well as the individual properties
- Working with the Operations Directors and our Hotels Commercial Director you will conceive and execute engaging campaigns to drive sales
- Managing multiple workstreams at the same time across different disciplines ensuring projects are delivered on time and with energy.
- Create and maintain company websites along with a group wide loyalty scheme, the CRM system and all other digital tools
- Oversee communications and PR on a local and national scale with both trade and consumer press
- Analyse and report on all marketing activities using commercial acumen to determine return on investment and the effectiveness of spend
- Undertaking regular property visits ensuring the brand message is consistent throughout the wider business
Who are we looking for;
You must have exceptional leadership skills and a proven track record of being the driving force of a marketing function, preferably in a B2C environment.
A creative flair coupled with a keen interest in hospitality industry trends and the ability to research and report on competitors is a must, you will use these skills to constantly re-evaluate the company’s position in the market.
You will need a toolbox of skills to motivate the c.15 people in your team as well as identifying and attracting the best talent. You will be able to evidence working with shared leadership in cross functional teams.
Within the role you will need to understand how to segment our customer base and have the skills to deliver multi-layered campaigns of bespoke content that will drive customer engagement.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with:
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- Company Car
- Bonus Scheme
- Private healthcare
- 33 days annual leave
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training to continue your development
- An engaging & supportive work environment
It's an exciting time to join our business, we’ve invested over £70m into the business in the past three years and recently moved into our new home in the Ribble Valley - a purpose built £8m office, that boasts its own Grade II listed building, a brewery and stables. We’ve also recently launched our hotels, spas and inns under a new collective as the House of Daniel Thwaites and so, with ambitious plans, you'd be joining us at a great moment in time to drive our business and brand forward.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations – so get in touch and learn more about us.
What are you Thwaiting for?