National Sales Manager - Grocery leadership
National Grocery Leadership - LONDON HQ/ HOME BASED
Enjoy leadership? Enjoy inspiring and motivating people? How about this then – A National Sales Manager position of a small yet perfectly formed (and new for that matter) Grocery field sales team. Well regional account management really – that’s what your team do. Regional account management across the UK operating in the Grocery Multiple channel.
Your team are the ‘feet on the ground’ executing JBP shizzle at store level with all the major retailers. (Yes I did just use the word shizzle, couldn’t think of anything better without sounding boring to be honest!) To that end, this is a BIG Brand and one which is far removed from boring! Globally recognised and one which is No1 in the market worldwide yet still have more they can achieve. A genuinely stand out opportunity in the FMCG space and one where you can make a massive difference!
FMCG, London HQ with a home based contract for this position which will see you lead and inspire a team of five Regional Account Managers across the UK. There is clearly travel involved with this so you have to be OK with being on the road and enjoy seeing national retail agreements realised and delivering the dream through people! To lead this bunch and be an effective National Sales Manager you will have characteristics which include:
- Tenacity – hungry for more with ambition to achieve what some believe to be impossible!
- You like people – I mean, I’ve met many a leader who is shite at people management, how they got the job in the first place I don’t know but you have to start with having a genuine interest in people development and seeing others succeed and realise their dreams.
- You’re a natural influencer and networker – people buy into you and you find it easy to build rapport developing relationships.
- A self-starter nature – to get these guys going, you have to get yourself going and be on it!
- You like pace and variety yet have a kind ear when your team need you and can slow down to listen when they may need it.
- Energy – and lots of it – you need to motivate people and sell!
- Team player mentality – you’ll go above and beyond for your team.
Expereince wise, this is what we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years FMCG sales experience at a strategic level.
- Understanding and appreciation of the features of Regional Grocery Retail and in-store disciplines.
- Man management – that’s not to say if you haven’t got it you won’t be considered, everyone has to start somewhere right? You must however understand regional sales and the in-store way of working, challenges and language.
- Inspiring and motivating others.
- Developing and implementing commercial plans/ deals, with measurable results.
Want a desk job? Not for you. Want to be part of a bigger business to hide? Not for you. Want to let the brand do the talking without pushing yourself for extra sales/ shelf space/ distribution? Not for you.
This is for you however if you want to move your career along and work for a Brand which is high energy and very much about improving lives and people. There is so much passion here and some serious ambition which shows no signs of slowing down. Flexible, fast paced, different, big sounds, active and powerful are just a few words I’d use to describe them. Fancy learning more?
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.