- Top quality pet food with strong brand name and reputation
- Customer base of existing / prospect independent pet shops
- Sell in new packaging, new deals and new POS material
This long-established pet food manufacturer has been supplying UK retailers, owners and pets for decades. Their brands have huge heritage with the independent specialist trade, but competitors have been eroding market share and it is time to respond with new packaging, promotions and flavours.
Sales Representative – South East:
The new Sales Representative will cover the South East of England (Surrey, Berkshire, Middlesex, London, Sussex, Kent, Herts, Essex, Beds), visiting independent pet shops to promote and support the company’s ranges.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Create a journey plan that provides regular calls to all customers
- Actively prospect for new stockists
- Provide first class customer service
- Communicate and reinforce the benefits of stocking the brands to retailers
- Provide training and education to retail sales assistants
- Create eye catching product displays using point-of-sale and promotional material
- Report against your sales plan on a weekly basis
The person for this Sales Representative role – South East:
We are looking for a well-trained field sales Representative with experience selling to independent retailers. This could be a food or non-food FMCG, tobacco, drinks – if you have been used to dealing with decision makers and managing on-going customer relationships.
Other qualities we are looking for include:
- Based in Surrey, Berkshire, Middlesex, Surrey, London, Sussex, Kent, Herts, Essex or Bedfordshire
- A proven track record of ability to open new retail accounts and grow area sales turnover
- Experience dealing with independent shops and closing sales with the decision maker
- Excellent sales skills – a good listener who can understand needs and sell benefits
- Right personality – positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily
- Enjoys running small training sessions and providing education to customers
The job holder will enjoy a competitive basic salary and bonus scheme plus choice of new car, laptop, printer and a smart phone.
£27000 - £30000 plus 10% bonus + choice of car, phone etc
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.