Basic Salary c. £28,000-£33,000 + Benefits
Location – Inverness-Shire (Scotland)
My client is a privately-owned 4* hotel in North-Central Scotland. They currently have a vacancy for a Sous Chef with fine-dining experience and a passion for Food.
The Hotel houses a fantastic Brasserie which prides itself on premium locally sourced ingredients, The role will encompass the effective delivery of all food service on site to a high standard, and will include:
Assist Head Chef with management of the team, stock, production and menu design, event planning, GP control and sourcing of new suppliers
- Maintaining food quality to high standard – circa 3AA Rosette
- Design and deliver staff meals
- Maintain highest hygiene standards and maintaining/acting on all HACCAP records
- Maintaining GP and Wage %
- Motivating the team and ensuring the Kitchen runs efficiently in absence of the Head Chef
- Contribute to the recruitment and continual training and development of the team
- Attend and contribute to team meetings
- Conducting and managing audit checks
The client is looking for a driven individual, capable of maintaining and driving the excellent standards already in place. They want someone who can contribute to the fantastic food already on offer, and the ideal candidate will have:
An understanding of 4* / 2AA Rosette (minimum) service delivery as well as the ability to create a fun, motivational work environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Sous/Junior Sous Chef or equivalent
- Creative individual, up to date with trend
- Enthusiastic and passionate about food
- Hand on, willing to lead from front
- Good communicator
- Relevant Health, Safety and Hygiene Training
- Ambitious and a willingness to learn and develop
The Property is located in a fairly remote area and comes with an excellent accommodation package. You can either stay on site, or in one of the Flats in the local Village, and both include Wi-FI and amenities. The hotel also, provides all meals on duty, provides friends and family discounts and further discounts and perks.
If you believe you have the desired qualities for this exciting opportunity then please send a CV to email@example.com or call on 0113 2054 970 for more information.