Sales and Marketing Manager
- Well established manufacturing business with outstanding brand equity
- Proud owners of a royal warrant
- Highly capable UK team with the resources of a global group.
- Founded over 70 years ago, this high-quality consumer goods manufacturer combines ‘heritage brand’ status with innovative and exciting new product development.
- The demand for new technology in the market requires a sales and marketing strategy that aligns all personnel in all channels – hence the creation of this role.
The Role of Sales and Marketing Manager:
Based at the company’s head office in Hertfordshire; the job holder will lead, manage and control all UK sales and marketing functions to achieve revenue and margin targets across traditional and new channels.
Specific Responsibilities Will Include:
- Leadership of the field and office-based sales and marketing team. 8 heads at present.
- Develop a local sales and marketing strategy that is consistent with the European strategy.
- Investigate and analyse markets to exploit new business and new product opportunities.
- Develop and direct strategies for market research, pricing, promotions, merchandising and customer service.
- Liaising with external agencies where appropriate.
- Plan and execute new product launches with accompanying consumer and trade marketing.
- Cross functional liaison with finance, manufacturing, product marketing and HR
The Person for this Sales and Marketing Manager Opportunity:
- This role is likely to be 70% office based and a home location in Hertfordshire, Essex, London or Cambridgeshire is important.
- We are looking for an experienced and qualified Sales and Marketing Manager with experience in a non-food consumer goods business such as garden or DIY products, white goods, brown goods or technology.
- At least 7 years of experience in a senior sales and marketing role.
- A marketing or business qualification, ideally to MBA level.
- Multi-channel experience encompassing retail and ecommerce.
- A proven leader with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to conceive and drive long and short-term strategies that achieve sales advantage.
- To £60,000 plus bonus, car and benefits package
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
Quoting Reference: NH/21303
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.