Boots National Account Manager - Ceuta Healthcare
Ceuta Group is a global consumer brand service organisation working with some of the most dynamic brands in Health & Personal Care, Food & Drink and Household Categories. Our 350+ employees across the Ceuta Group support every aspect of brand growth for our client and customers. Ceuta Healthcare, the flagship company based in Bournemouth, was established 24 years ago and continues to develop brands by offering key insights and category expertise to deliver great results consistently. Our business model and bespoke approach make us an invaluable business partner.
The role provides a unique opportunity to work with one of the leading High Street Pharmacy Retailers, Boots.
The primary function of this role is to manage specific national accounts in line with client standards, policy, performance and strategy and to obtain, maintain and develop profitable business with a specific account portfolio within defined market categories. You will:
- Manage, lead and develop business through specific multiple and regional accounts as well as providing input to the develop brand and category plans.
- Ensure plans reflect account opportunities and account strategy reflects company objectives, maximising product brand shares.
- Provide accurate and timely sales volume and value forecasts.
- Maintain updated information and reports with account trading policies and business objectives and ensure that the most favourable trading terms on price, service & profitability are negotiated.
- Ensure promotional activity and new product listings maximise potential business in all accounts and to communicate all relevant information to the Business Controller.
- Control product promotional budgets and identify improvement opportunities, maintaining control of overheads and expenses within defined limits to ensure the most economic coverage of accounts.
- Monitor and control account development and deliver budgeted sales and KPI’s.
- Monitor competitor activity and report on any such activity, as well as making recommendations and implementing alternative business strategy in light of changing market conditions.
- Establish working relationships with marketing, client management, sales planning & finance (for logistics) and liaise with the Logistics Manager over clients’ stock to ensure sufficient stock is available to meet existing and future requirements
- Carry out any other reasonable task or tasks in connection with the job function, as requested by your manager, including a willingness to work flexibly beyond standard operating hours when required.
- Attend client review meetings as necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 1 years account management experience ideally with Boots, Superdrug or Savers.
- Recent exposure to the principles of category management, preferably within the health and beauty industry.
- Demonstrable experience of working with customers to build multi-level relationships.
- Demonstrable experience of creating and delivering successful account plans.
- Good general standard of education including Maths and English.
- The ability to negotiate in order to interface effectively with key external clients and stakeholders.
- The ability to use Excel to an intermediate level in order to identify and analyse trends and create commercial recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills in order to interpret sales data and forecast accordingly.
- The ability to use PowerPoint to an intermediate level in order to create impactful presentation for the trade and client review meetings.
- A strong understanding of the key financial measures that drive effective performance, including ROI calculations, promotional evaluation, return on capital employed and sales modelling.
- Strong understanding of the core principles of category management and the ability to utilise these in trade recommendations and proposals.
- A broad understanding of external economic and political factors that influence the industry and the ability to eloquently outline these both at trade and client meetings
For further information please apply or contact our retained consultant, Aidan Goodall at FMCG Selection on Aidan@fmcgselection.co.uk or call 01943 667 280.