TECHNICAL AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - CATERERS CHOICE
Role: Technical and Product Development Manager - Caterers Choice
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Competitive salary & package
About Caterers Choice:
- Caterers Choice / Fruitypot are importers of a variety of ambient food products, supplying a range of manufacturing, wholesale and retail customers.
- We are looking for a new Technical and Product Development Manager to join our technical team based in Huddersfield. We are looking for an individual who can work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in everything that they do.
- Experience working within a technical function for a food manufacturer or a food importer. If this is within the canned food sector it would be particularly beneficial.
- Legal knowledge and experience of food safety and regulatory legislation.
- Have had direct working relationships with a range of customers, including retailers, manufacturers or wholesalers
- Experience of auditing food manufacturing sites
- Experience with both manufacturing BRC standard and Agents & Brokers BRC standard
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of the company Quality Management System, ensuring a full programme of due diligence is appropriate and implemented.
- Undertake a range of supplier technical visits including accompanying customer visits, supplier onboarding, first productions and routine visits. This role will require regular foreign travel, both Long Haul and Europe.
- Completion and maintenance of product specifications, both on customer portals and internal specifications.
- Label and artwork review and approval as and when required, ensuring legal compliance.
- Supporting and participating in the incident management process including recall and withdrawal procedures. Including taking part in the out of hours on call rota.
- Management of new products from concept to launch, through both internal and customer critical paths.
- Day to day management of supply base to ensure they meet business and customer technical requirements
- Management of key customer technical relationships, providing information when requested by the customer.
- Leading customer audits including BRC, MSC etc, ensuring the business maintains certification.
- A full and valid UK driving licence will be required