Senior Brand Manager
Our client is a fast growing, highly focused FMCG business with a number of vibrant and attractive brands, they are an employer of choice within the North. Group sales have multiplied greatly in recent years and their core brand continues to grow at an impressive pace. They are passionate about their business and the role they play in its success. Due to expansion plans a brand new role has been created for an experienced Senior Brand Manager to join the OOH team.
- To ultimately be the brand champion within the company and to external shareholders.
- Coach and develop a team of one brand manager and an assistant brand manager.
- To drive profitable brand growth across portfolio areas of responsibility, in conjunction with colleagues across multiple disciplines. Monitor and report on brand performance through analysis of market data (in conjunction with category team) and sales data (using internal data sources) and recommend remedial action as required. Ensure marketing budget delivery against plan.
- To lead the annual brand planning process across areas of responsibility.
- Manage the implementation of the consumer brand plans, ensuring all activity is completed on time, to budget and is in line with the brand guidelines and brand positioning. To work in close consultation and partnership with the sales, operations team and external agencies as appropriate to implement the plans.
- To act as the project leader and ensure the timely and successful launch of product development / NPD projects to market.
- Propose requirements for qualitative and quantitative research and write research briefs, analyse results and recommend course of action.
- Experience managing a single or multiple direct reports essential.
- OOH brand marketing experience in licensed and/ or leisure channels essentials.
- Experience of strategic / brand planning process essential and can evidence knowledge of, and ability to evaluate relative effectiveness of, marketing mix elements and impact on brand performance
- Experience of working with a stage & gate innovation process and leading cross functional teams to deliver new product development projects from ideation to launch on time and to budget essential.
- Experience of briefing external agencies and assessing creative responses in line with agreed brand positioning.
- Experience of managing the delivery of through-the-line consumer facing communication campaigns including creative development & media / comms planning. Experience of delivering ATL campaigns essential.
- Experience of working with external agencies, mainly in the areas of trade and consumer marketing e.g. research, media, comms and design.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness e.g. Pricing/promotional strategies
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk .