Cavendish Maine are excited to be working with a widely recognised international food brand partnering their search for a commercially savvy procurement controller.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, you will be an integral part of the commercial direction of the company ensuring the companies procurement streams are fully efficient.
Your duties will be varied and will include;
- Lead and deliver short and long term-term contracts with key manufacturers and distributors.
- Develop maintain and deliver the buying/ procurement process across the U.K and Europe.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive distributor contingency plan.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with all external suppliers and key internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring all major suppliers have appropriate supply contracts in place.
- Supporting NPD and supplier sourcing program in terms of defining the supplier and final cost negotiations.
- Demonstrate a customer centric approach in all communications and be outwardly aligned with company values.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Brand Manager, you must possess the following;
- Previous procurement experience is essential as is a background in food.
- Target driven.
- Exposure to contract management.
- The ability to plan your own workload effectively.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong Excel / analysis skills.
- A high degree of business and commercial acumen.
- A good financial understanding with an understanding of sales and profit drivers.
- A focused mindset and a positive attitude.
In return for your role as Procurement Controller you will receive a salary between £32,000 - £34,000 dependent on experience.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.