Junior Buyer - FMCG National Food Business
Junior Buyer-FMCG National Food Business
This role is for a natural negotiator, who loves a challenge, and 100% committed to putting the time and effort into their development and progression.
In turn, you will receive coaching and mentoring from some highly skilled and knowledgeable buyers, receive varied training such as stock replenishment, negotiating supplier discounts, category management, covering different categories from beers, wines, and spirits to fresh foods.
You must be a determined negotiator, organised and confident enough to tackle the everyday challenges of business.
This is an amazing opportunity so we want enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-driven individuals to join our great team and bring some fresh and organic ideas/perspectives to the team.
- Develop an exciting and credible range
- Work effectively to drive department sales and profit; focusing on meeting customer needs, whilst planning and developing for the future
- Build and maintain key relationships with the supply base in order to achieve maximum flexibility and reliability
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to product quality e.g. identifying and resolving issues early on
- Support the Senior Buyer in all main supplier reviews, preparing, price movement analysis and tender documentation
- Collate all product specifications and supplier details for all products and update the system accordingly
- Effective stock management, working with the inventory team to ensure KPI’s
- Support in the delivery of the category business plan
- Previous Food and Drink Buying Experience advantageous
- Outstanding commercial awareness
- High attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Good time management, prioritisation, negotiation & organisational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- The ability to perform under pressure
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant qualification/experience
- Advanced Excel skills
If you are keen to discuss the details further, please apply today or send your cv to taj@Corecruitment.com
Due to high numbers of applicants we aren’t always able to provide feedback, if you do not hear from us in 2 weeks’ time please assume you have not been successful. However, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Tweet us @COREcruitment