Corporate Relationship Manager
Job Title: Corporate Relations Manager
Salary: Competitive salary plus car allowance & benefits
Location: North West
Sector / Industry: FMCG / Food and Drink
Job Reference: AJ - CRMP
Are you interested in a new challenge in a progressive, professional and a well-established food manufacturer?
Are you able to work to complexity and in a dynamic, commercially robust and collaborative business?
This business is a major player within FMCG, and are looking to appoint a Corporate Relations Manager. An exciting, commercial and ambitious business who have demonstrated strong growth over a sustained period and will offer you career progression opportunities, challenge and the ability to work with a long serving and stable team.
To support the development and execution of Group communications, effectively reaching multiple stakeholder groups.
Manage exposure proactively and reactively to minimise negative coverage on issues that arise.
Ensure the business’s written and visual communications deliver a consistent and appropriate message and image.
Support and develop the Group Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy. Play a significant role in existing management of CSR while identifying future areas for improvement and development in our three pillars of CSR.
As a department of four, the scope and responsibility associated with this role is significant. Whilst the job holder does not have any direct reports they will interact with, guide and project manage individuals across the Group. This will include management staff at sites, colleagues within UK and continental European offices. The Corporate Relations Manager will provide cover for the department during periods the Director is out of the office.
The job holder will take a supporting role in a number of sustainability work streams and a coordinating role in the Corporate Responsibility work streams.
The job holder is responsible for supporting the management of the corporate relations cost centre budget. Additionally they will manage projects and budgets outside of this budget also.
The job holder will be a key contact point for the company main corporate communications agencies and will directly manage issues and opportunities that arise.
These are of critical importance to the Group as include reputational risk as well as company promotion.
- Develop and execute the company’s communications, ensuring effective reach to all internal stakeholders.
- Lead the creation process of reactive statements for any issues that arise which has the potential to impact the business. Fully manage the approval process and ensure statements are made available to the required stakeholders in a timely fashion.
Office and site imagery:
- Coordinate and execute plans to ensure all sites represent the Group image, including signage and displays.
- Develop a system to ensure the companies offices and manufacturing sites have the most up to date displays or signage that is available to them.
- Mange the company corporate website and ensure key messages and imagery are refreshed as required. Work with key functions to ensure appropriate messaging is used for target stakeholders such as future employees or business partners.
- Manage coordination and production of corporate communication materials such as brochures, presentations, stationery and other materials as required.
- Effectively communicate internally the communication tools available and direct teams as to the version that should be used.
Corporate responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability:
- Support the corporate responsibility and sustainability teams to develop and execute plans to improve the position of the business.
- To effectively own and manage projects which require multi departmental and agency contribution within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Engage with and present to key customer contacts across retail, industrial and food service channels key corporate messages.
Food Incident Review Meetings:
- Attend all relevant Food Incident Review Meetings (FIRM) and lead the creation of any communication requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Experience of dealing with a broad portfolio of stakeholders including board level executives, customers and potentially non-government organisations.
- Experience of dealing with, or awareness of media groups.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ideally, but not essentially, media trained, particular in the discipline of press release management.
- Demonstrable experiences that match the main responsibilities of this role.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Strives to identify opportunities for improvement, whilst able to operate within set guidelines.
- Ability to work well as part of a wide team, providing leadership and / or support.
- Educated to degree level as a minimum.
- Genuine interest in the media and politics is extremely valuable.
- A passion for and commitment to sustainable sourcing and ethical trading.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing or verbally with internal and external stakeholders of all seniority.
- Ability and confidence to speak with authority to customer and other stakeholders and represent the Group on a number of communication or CSR topics.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Ali Jafri or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Direct: Ali Jafri on 0161 639 0080, email@example.com