Chief Sales Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: Newby Teas is looking to appoint a dynamic and performance oriented Chief Sales Officer to head its sales UK team. This is a key role within Newby Teas growing market. The candidate will also be responsible for developing sales strategies and assisting with global sales initiatives, from time to time.
Newby Teas is a rapidly growing entrepreneurial business globally and has only just started to address a very health conscious and niche, high-end luxury tea market in Europe and the UK. In the last 18 years, NEWBY has won 135 Championship awards. It’s the only company in the world to do so. NEWBY is also the only company ensuring all its teas are fit for human consumption by having each batch tested by Euro fin Labs. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join senior members of the Newby global team.
Only candidates with experience in FMCG (preferably Hot Beverage) will be considered.
- Develop Sales strategies and budgets primarily focusing on luxury hotels and hotel chains, major retailers and corporate gifting markets.
- Negotiating and securing major new contracts for Newby Teas.
- Identifying and exploiting the new potential sales markets.
- Co-ordinating and reporting the global sales to COO, CEO, and the Board.
- Designing and implementing efficient sales processes and systems.
- Lead, recruit and coach the UK sales team.
- Develop the gifting market.
- Integrate Sales and Logistic department for efficient supply chain management.
- Implement a disciplined and structured sales environment.
- At least 7 years of experience as Head of Sales or similar senior level.
- The UK and European markets experience in the FMCG, hospitality sector and among major retailers, is a must.
- A significant network of contacts in HoReCa is a must.
- Demonstrate a record of building businesses and thriving in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- An influencing and pleasant personality to deal with all stakeholders.
- The candidate must believe wholeheartedly in the Corporate Vision.
- Newby Teas, the sole benefactor is a British Registered Charity significantly owned by the N. Sethia Foundation. Candidates have to be able to balance the dual purposes of a highly commercial operation within a charity mandate.
- Proven record of bringing results, highly disciplined approach, creative and a positive team player.
- Impeccable personal integrity is a must. The job requires an approach with personal genuine humility.
- Multi-Lingual and willing to travel to develop business.
- Remuneration package is competitive + Commission on achieved Sales Targets.
- Potential for a further discretionary bonus on performance and conduct
- Matched Pension Scheme, Healthcare and all business travel expenses paid.