Senior National Account Manager - Amazon/ Toys
Do you have experience in National Account Management? Do you have experience managing accounts, such as Amazon? If so then this could be the right opportunity for you…
My client, one of the UK's largest suppliers of Toy's, has found the need for a new Senior National Account Manager to join its well-established team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an entrepreneurial attitude to assist in producing world class product ranges and contribute to the strategic direction/ development of the business.
As the Senior National Account Manager, you will report directing into the Head of Sales and will act as a mentor to the more junior people within the team. This is a pivotal position within the sale department, and you will have the task of developing the business with some of the major customers. Ideally you will have a minimum of 3 years working in Sales operating at Senior Account level. This is home based opportunity with a minimum of two days a week in the office and the ability to commute to South London is essential.
- Responsible for managing major account portfolio including Amazon
- Create commercially sound annual Joint Business Plans
- Implement the strategies with portfolio of accounts
- Responsible for achieving Sales and Profit Contribution for portfolio of Accounts
- Regular reviews of accounts and account performance and what is input into the company documents - communication of issues and opportunities
- Control and Manage agreed 'Customer Investment Support' budget - regularly reviewing budgets, investment, accruals, invoicing
- Regularly review and communicate EPOS Data to the relevant members of the business- highlighting successes and issues as they happen
- Devise and negotiate commercially sound Retailers Terms and Conditions on an annual basis
- Regular forecasting, analysis, review, and budgeting by Account
- Presentation of New Products to customers as required
- Develop promotions and activities to maximise sales performance
- Liaise with Marketing Team to develop range & promotional plan
- Develop Account relationships with Buying Managers, Buyers, Merchandisers, Stock Controllers
- Identify and target new business enquiries and opportunities
- Liaise with Customer Support Personnel to maximise customer service & performance
- Attendance at Trade Fairs and exhibitions as required
- May involve direct report responsibilities
- Working with licensors to optimise brand performance
- Act as a Mentor and/or Coach to members of the sales team
The ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate a high level of success in their career to date, with strong business planning skills, and possess excellent communication and organisational skills; be a strong and convincing presenter; be able to think and act commercially; understand the importance of building profitable sales, be a good decision maker; and understand how to build and sustain relationships at all levels within the organisation and in those of the customers. The successful candidate will already be fully P&L responsible in their current role and will have a good working knowledge of FOB.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably, we can't always do this on every occasion due to high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within four weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.