French/German Speaking Category Manager - Global Leader
One of world’s leading manufacturers of consumer private label personal care products is looking for an experienced category manager to join their team. An American owned business founded over 30 years ago they have expanded through organic and acquisitive growth to become synonymous within the category and now operate in over 40 countries worldwide. Proudly positioned as the global number with a European presence expanding at an unprecedented rate, the strategic direction is firmly set on continued development across growing markets.
The opportunity has opened for a Category Manager to support the Head of Category to develop and present category plans with key customers across the UK and Europe. Working in conjunction with account management and marketing teams you will be responsible for delivering the annual volume, profit and market share targets within the EU markets.
Specifically but not exclusively, you will be responsible for:
- Analytical support in the form of market data and competitive reviews providing insights on category opportunities, pricing and promotional strategy
- Preparation of account category reviews and insights in order to influence the range stocked by customers
- Work with the sales team to provide support material for the existing portfolio and for the launch of new products
- Present proposals to improve existing portfolio and / or product profitability
- Ad hoc market research set up, implementation and analysis
- Support for specific marketing projects for the EU marketing Director
You will take on responsibility for a selection of retail customers, potentially spanning the UK, Germany, France and Southern European markets. The ideal candidate will be fluent in German or French or will be willing to learn either language as part of their role. You will have experience working in a category management environment either in the UK or elsewhere in Europe and will be comfortable analysing and drawing insight from market panel data such as Kantar, GFK, Nielsen, IRI and EPOS sales data. The role will also offer the opportunity to travel to European retailers approximately twice a month so a valid passport is a must for the role.
Uniquely you must have also demonstrated the ability to work among the systems and structure which comes with being part of a global group but also balance this with the creative, entrepreneurial team spirt and ethos of a small team.
If becoming part of a true globally expanding consumer group with a clear strategy and realistic opportunity to continue to delight its customers is not a big enough opportunity, then the scope for international travel and the career advancement that follows should be.
Competencies and skills:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience preferably within health & beauty, private label and/or brand driven business
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Good commercial understanding
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Fluent in English and German or French
- Experience interacting with both internal and external customers
- Team orientated, ability to connect with and work cohesively with the team
- Proficient in different type and sources of data (panel, epos, consumer research and market place reporting tools)
Formal qualification: minimum Business BA or equivalent
Paul Nyman Consultancy specialise in FMCG Sales jobs, Marketing jobs, NPD jobs, Technical jobs & Category jobs across the UK.