To drive the development of Donald Russell Direct 's (DRD) online presence, working with the Marketing Director, responsible for developing sales to consumers through the website and online channels, and attracting new customers by effectively communicating the brand values that make Donald Russell unique. The position requires an astute digital marketer to create targeted campaigns whilst monitoring performance levels at all times.
Donald Russell is a Royal Warrant holding butcher committed to producing the most succulent and tender meat possible. For forty years they have supplied some of the best restaurants in the UK and beyond, and have grown into Britain's leading mail order and online meat retailer, winning numerous awards for their products and customer service.
Our passion for flavour, texture and good presentation means they insist on the highest standards at all stages from farm to plate. Donald Russell traditionally age their beef, lamb, pork and veal, ensuring their products are unsurpassed for tenderness, taste and accuracy of cutting which is a must when supplying the worlds most demanding and prestigious chefs.
Based in the Royal Burgh of Inverurie in Aberdeenshire, Donald Russell is ideally positioned in the heart of Scottish beef country. Inverurie itself is a busy market town situated just 16 miles from Aberdeen city centre which is easily accessible through a local rail network and an ever improving road system. Set amongst the beautiful backdrop of Bennachie, the River Ury and the River Don, Inverurie is a prime location to offer the best quality of life for individuals of all ages. With the Malt Whiskey Trail, The Cairngorms, beautiful beaches and some of Scotland's best scenery a short distance away it really is the perfect place for family life and those of you looking for work/life balance.
Known as 'the larder of Europe', Aberdeenshire boasts some of the finest natural produce, from beef and lamb, to local fresh and smoked delicacies, and wild game and venison.
The key responsibilities are as follows:-
- Daily responsibilities will include all e-commerce related activity including; raising the website profile and driving traffic through the site, ensuring products and content are uploaded efficiently, management of products, and pricing, website copy and imagery and on-site trading.
- Increase the awareness of Donald Russell to consumers in our target markets by utilising all digital channels.
- The continual development of all online and social media content to build engagement with customers and prospects.
- To achieve commercial performance and targets agreed with the Marketing Director.
- Working closely with customer acquisition and retention teams, manage and develop online marketing programmes, including affiliate and re-targeting programmes to drive traffic to the Donald Russell website.
- Provide regular and accurate analytical reports of online sales and online metrics.
- Create and maintain an online business plan to achieve wider marketing objectives to include email, web and social media strategies.
- Play a key role in optimisation of the DRD website, working with external partners to provide an evolving world-class website that will be integral to the future growth of the business.
- Work with internal and external parties to manage and develop Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), PPC. CMS, Social Media and Email marketing.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of a comprehensive, imaginative email and on-line marketing programme, liaising with the relevant Donald Russell departments to ensure campaigns are effectively delivered.
- The development of a series of "customer journeys" that effectively communicates brand values resulting in increased customer satisfaction at all stages of the customer journey.
- Adhere to and reinforce the Donald Russell brand standards adapting campaigns to online media and building brand engagement.
- Responsible for managing and motivating the team to ensure personal and business development objectives are achieved through effective communication, training and performance management.
- Setting and achieving the functional KPIs (for both the team and department and budgets in accordance with the agreed programmes and targets.
- Review the functions KPIs against agreed targets, put in place remedial action to ensure they are met and make recommendations for change and improvement.
- Stay up to date with online trends ensuring that online offers remain relevant to both current customers and to target prospects.
- Work in a manner that reflects the Donald Russell Values, our Ethos and Mission statements.
Keen to speak with candidates whom have the follwoing:-
- Degree level Qualification
- Experience in digital marketing in an on-line retailing environment and keen interest in eMarketing and online media
- Experience in marketing and technology applications
- A proven track record of exceptional brand engagement, website management and the maximization of a site's business return.
- A holistic understanding of intuitive design, appropriate branding and technology is essential as is the ability to focus on the customer experience
- Leading, motivating and managing people
- Experience within a FMCG
- In depth understanding of web and email design and web analytic software
- Strong team ethic
- Confident in the use of Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks, email send providers, HTML, Dreamweaver, Google Analytics, CMS and Wordpress
- Practical experience of email marketing software, A/B and multivariate optimisation and personalisation engines
- The ability to prioritize what is important and to choosing the ideas that acquire shoppers and convert sales
- Ability to objectively critique online activity and provide solutions
- Proven ability to take responsibility and challenge appropriately
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Developing great working relationships and effective interdepartmental communication and collaborative working at all levels
- A belief in the Donald Russell Brand, our ethos, mission and values
- Willing and keen to learn
- Good organizational ability
- An interest OR even passion for food is desirable
- Driven by a desire to produce excellent work, both individually and as part of a highly motivated team
- Agility is important, with the ability to focus on both the brand and business, being equally comfortable with Web development, marketing programs and designing inspiring shopping experiences for customers
- This role is very hands on and the incumbent will lead the online marketing team and work closely with the wider marketing team
- All successful applicants will have to undertake ID checks and a Criminal Record Check as this role involves managing financial transactions with our customers
Attractive package on offer and excellent career growth prospects.