In-Store IT Technical Support, Flagship Store
In-Store IT Technical Support, Flagship Store
Microsoft Store is central to Microsoft's mission to empower every person on the planet to achieve more. The flagship Microsoft Store in London will be the first of its kind in the UK and will deliver the world-class retail experience our customers know and love. From hands-on experiences with innovative technology to unique programmes, this will be the best place for the London community and visitors to experience all that’s possible with Microsoft.
Our In-Store IT Technical Support experts, also known as Service Advisors, showcase and interact with Microsoft devices and software, providing world-class customer service at our Answer Desk in our physical stores. Through these customer engagements, Services Advisors help both consumer and business customers to see what is possible with technology, ultimately empowering them to achieve more through one-to-one support, personal training sessions, and small group workshops.
Come As You Are
Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft and, as a Microsoft Store employee, you have the unique opportunity to impact our company's mission every single day. At the flagship Microsoft Store in London we will create and cultivate meaningful connections with one customer at a time. From empowering small businesses and entrepreneurs to succeed and grow, to fostering creativity and collaboration for students, teachers and parents through free STEM and digital skills experiences, or engaging and building communities with gaming and esports fans. If you want to develop lifelong skills and take pride in world-class customer service, a career at the flagship Microsoft Store in London could be the place for you!
- A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming of all
- Training that will make you feel empowered to do your best work even if you aren’t a tech expert
- Great career development opportunities
- Fantastic, comprehensive and competitive benefits for full-time and part-time employees
- Gratitude and recognition for our awesome employees
- Belief that at Microsoft Store #WeWinAsATeam
- Empathetically assess customer support needs through listening, diagnosing, and repairing their devices, helping customers discover, buy, use, and love Microsoft technology solutions and services that meets and exceeds their individual expectations
- Deliver collaborative and enrichening one-to-one training sessions to both consumer and business customers, helping them acquire the skills needed to enhance their knowledge around our products and services
- Identify and communicate potentially complex repair situations to store leadership as appropriate, maximizing time efficiency in resolution with a high-level attention to detail
- Continuously maintain technical knowledge by learning through others, along with self-educating, showcasing product and service offerings, building on our #WeWinAsATeam culture
- Approaches every customer interaction and internal partnership with a Growth Mindset to help improve our business processes, interactions, and find the solution that meets our customer needs
Drive for Results
- Proactively assess customer’s needs and recommend complete solutions that empower them to achieve more and enhance their overall customer experience
- Takes responsibility in delivering on commitments and seeks positive results that benefit customers, both externally and internally
- Feel empowered to engage with peers, store leaders, field and corporate team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in our customers’ lives
- Combines resources and joins efforts with teammates to achieve store and company goals
- Effectively respond to changing in-store consumer and business environment, circumstances, and situations through customer engagements
- Ability to facilitate business engagement experiences through in-store briefings, workshops, events, and demos
- A minimum of 1 year as a computer technician or helpdesk support OR 1 year in a computer or technology education programme
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented, dynamic, public-facing environment driven to achieve results
- Experience in selling consumer electronics or technology solutions
- Deep understanding of Microsoft products including, but not limited to: Windows, Office, Xbox, Surface, Outlook, Skype, OneDrive, OneNote and how each of those products competes in the marketplace
- Passionate about assisting customers with technical support through understanding individual needs, answering questions and making recommendations to solve issues
- Willingness to build customized solutions that help customers digitally transform
- Experience in maintaining a client relationship management database (Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred)
- Proven success in a metrics-driven, consultative service environment
- Previous technology/product/software teaching or training experience
- Microsoft certifications OR experience/education in technology/IT
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
You can apply via the ''Apply'' button.