Client Insight Manager – LG
CLIENT INSIGHT MANAGER
Reports to: Category Director
Department: Client Service Team
Brief: Proactively adding value to LG by increasing market share through delivering critical insight, data, reporting services whilst supporting strategic field operations. Identifying and utilising our resources to discover marketing and sales opportunities for LG, optimise our activities and measure their success. This role is client-facing, understanding their needs, managing expectations, effectively communicating and presenting key results. Therefore would require spending time each week at LG’s offices in Weybridge
- Understand LG’s insight needs through regular client meetings, and to build a network within the organisation in each area of the business and further maximise opportunities to provide a greater service whilst driving ROI visibility within Retail Marketing and client.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of insights to LG across our full spectrum of services, proactively presenting recommendations and implementation plans to drive action to achieve results
- Support rest of the account team by providing insight services ensuring visibility of commercial field team insight to drive relevant actions.
- Review and evaluate longer term focusses which will drive results for the business
Insights and Project Management
- Accountable to drive a forward thinking approach which will deliver a clear strategy through a considered plan based on market, competitors, key drivers, seasonality, pricing and promotional activity.
- Review the reporting input/output and operations across team to identify opportunities and from this implement change and processes to deliver ROI.
- To influence and inspire the field operations teams across BU in order to achieve account KPI’s / objectives.
- Overall accountability for the focus on specific projects to drive actionable change and improvement of results providing recommendations on how best to target LG consumers.
- Optimise field marketing activities and investigate ROI impact (e.g. through trial-and-control studies).
- Directly produce activity reporting, measurement and analytical support work, and manage reporting aspects of our field data-capture system.
- Be an expert in utilising all our resources:
- Sales data from the retailers, via LG
- TGI from Kantar Media
- Market data from Mintel and Euromonitor
- Acorn & Retail Footprint from CACI
- Primary research conducted by our field teams
- Be aware of retailer, competitor and market intelligence which supports your ongoing knowledge of the industry and can ultimately impact the strategic direction of LG.
- To support senior management in supplier relationships, price negotiations and contractual T&C’s.
- To maintain and develop strong client relationships, including weekly meetings to review performance of the overall service against KPI’s agreed.
- Work with AM’s on a weekly basis to drive strategic activity and adding value.
- To validate and interpret results and produce a weekly summary to accompany client monthly reporting providing greater insight, identifying opportunities and driving recommendations for improvement.
- To continually strive to develop the account, through strategic meetings and planning.
- Collaborating with the AM’s to monitor impact and ROI on budgets, ensuring sales and profit targets are met.
- Working alongside the AM’s and finance team in the preparation and negotiation of the operating budget for the following year.
- To develop a measurement of ROI for the operation, and identify and use financial levers to improve GP / profitability.
- Take ownership of account risk and compliance, good governance, identification and resolution of risk (contractual, assessments, data)
Ideal candidate experience
- Client management: full service exposure.
- Proven experience to effectively communicate and present findings of insights to clients.
- Strong analytical skills and a background in reporting and insights are essential for this role.
- Producing visualisations and reports with Excel (advanced) and Tableau.
- Managing project work; responsible for client liaising, planning and costings.
- Experience with data: geodemographic, single-source survey, sales, and questionnaires.
- Extra desirable (but not essential) software experience: mapping software, databases/SQL.
This job description may vary from time to time in accordance with business priorities and your terms and conditions.
Apply for Client Insight Manager – LG
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly