Senior Demand Planner
Reporting to EMEA Demand Manager you will be responsible for providing a sales forecast for the appropriate business area and maintain this accurately within the APO Demand Planning system. Additionally, you will provide regular and ad-hoc analysis of actual and forecast sales including KPI’s for forecast accuracy and BIAS.
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly documents reporting sales volumes, forecast accuracy and assumptions whilst highlighting areas of concern to the commercial and supply chain teams.
- Maintain product parameters and up to date live forecast in APO DP system.
- Liaise with the planning teams at appropriate sites to resolve queries regarding future demand or actual sales.
- Work with the commercial teams on the monthly customer forecast validation process to ensure that the forecast is realistic.
- Support timely, and accurate preparation of Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) information pack.
- Maintain promotional activity, new product launches and discontinuations, ensuring that these are accurately reflected in the live forecast.
- Provide ad hoc forecast reports and analysis to the commercial, operations and marketing teams.
- Ensure that forecast accuracy and BIAS performance is within pre agreed targets.
- Liaise with Finance on the annual budget process and assist with updates throughout the year as required
- Represent Demand Planning in key business projects, working cross functionally and contributing to problem solving as required.
- Cover for other members of the team so there is consistent support for the Flavour and Consumer business units.
- Graduate in Logistic / Supply Chain or similar area
- Experience in an operations or supply chain role and of using demand planning tools, S&OP processes and advanced planning tools to manage supply chains
- Proven track record of using analysis in management (E.G., managing improvements to inventory turnover, productivity etc)
- Exceptional computer literacy, with at least intermediate skills in Excel, and Word
- Ability to synthesize information and present logical recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in high pressure, sensitive situations
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Demonstrated problem solving & communication skills
- Evidence of learning and mastering new complex computer systems and tools
- Customer focused and demonstrates team skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to give presentations effectively
- Professional and mature approach to business problems
- Strong user of IT in management
- Experience of successful working with people of varying styles and cultures
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 3,800 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.