Category Controller (Fixed term contract – 12 months)
My client is home to some fantastic iconic brands that resonate with every family in Great Britain today.
They are looking for a Category Controller on an interim basis for a 12 month fixed term contract.
This individual will build and deliver category plans for key grocery retailers, enabling the execution of Category Strategy and optimising the distribution of brands.
A proven Category Controller is needed to be the category expert within this large branded business. You will lead, direct and coach a Category Team to develop a Category Strategy that will Create Profitable Change at the Point of Purchase and deliver total category targets, consistent with Sales & Marketing Strategies, consumer and customer needs and company budgets.
Currently working within the FMCG sector you will be proven in category management and have experience of managing and leading direct reports.
- Delivering the Business Unit Objectives Through Sales
- Converting Brand and Category Opportunities into selling propositions that add value to our customers
- Set out promotional strategy and guidelines, including regular effectiveness evaluation
- Develop and Implement Category Thought Leadership
- Develop advanced understanding of consumer category shopping behaviour using the best practises of Category Management and convert these into a powerful trade category strategy and tactical blueprints.
- Ensure Trade Category Strategy and Tactics are regular presented to customers and embedded in shopper centric joint business plans that lead and support innovation and initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
Proven in FMCG category management and sales; ideally within a branded food or drink business
Ideally have classical training in a medium/large blue chip business
Exposure to grocery accounts
Managed a significant P&L
Superb relationship building skills
Strongly analytical with exceptional influencing skills
Strong negotiation skills at Head Office level within the FMCG sector
Depth of understanding in category management and ability to apply this
A positive and ’can do’ attitude
We are looking for a top performer at Senior Category Manager / Category Controller level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to add to your Category Management experience in an environment that will challenge and develop you, You will be rewarded for your work and the value you can add through an attractive salary and package.
If you do not hear back within 7 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. We are a specialist in the consumer sector and as such most of our vacancies require candidates with experience in the consumer market. We will therefore retain your details and contact you if we can be of some assistance to you in your search.
Apply for Category Controller (Fixed term contract – 12 months)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly