Buyer - Pork
We are currently looking for an experienced Buyer with the expertise of the Pork market to join a food business whose reputation for high quality products exceeds them!
They recognise the changing landscape of the food industry and continue to evolve so they're looking someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly motivated environment.
This is an exciting time to join the business as it all starts with you, from how a product tastes to the way it looks and even the final retail price! You will be tasked with developing and implementing category plans, driving category sales as well as market share performance.
As Buyer you will
- Drive sales and profit in line with budgets and market share performance
- Analyse customer insight, sales and trends to develop category plan and set promotional and marketing strategy
- Lead category buying team in delivering commercial objectives
- Manage and lead relationship with suppliers and ensure commercial strategy is in line with company's key values.
What we need from you
- At least 3-5 years FMCG Food Buying/Procurement experience
- Expertise of the Pork market and in-depth knowledge of the category required
- Experience within or supplying a major UK grocery retailer preferred
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen, ability to analyse commercial and customer information to seize commercial opportunities
- Able to collaborate and build plans with suppliers to drive cost reductions whilst sustaining quality.
- Excellent relationship building externally with suppliers and internally across various departments.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business with big growth and expansion plans in the pipeline and to take real ownership of the ever-expanding buying function.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk .