Job Title: EHS Officer
Salary: Competitive salary plus car allowance and excellent benefits
Sector / Industry: Operations
Job Reference: CD-24668
A global sustainable technologies business is recruiting for an EHS Officer to join their Operations Business. This will be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their career in EHS, and to take on a challenging and diverse role that will help drive your career to the next level. In this new role, you will be supporting all EHS activities to strengthen the safety culture and drive continuous improvements. As the EHS expert within the business you will be responsible for supporting new product introductions, capital projects and EHS improvement programmes to achieve world class manufacturing and EHS performance.
- To develop the maturity of EHS culture through effective influencing of plant and stakeholders through people and systems within a sustainable technologies business.
- To ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety measures required by the Group’s Environmental, Health and Safety policies are implemented through the Clean Air units’ activities.
- To ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety legislation updates are communicated and advise management as and when required.
- Support the EHS Manager, in producing an Environmental, Health and Safety management framework for the Business Unit, ensuring that at a minimum, statutory requirements such as compliance to EPR emission levels, consent to discharge effluent, waste management and HASWA are adhered to through all activities.
- Provide effective training and communication of Environmental, Health and Safety legislation and its practical implementation.
- To maintain a comprehensive emergency plan in line with COMAH upper tier requirements.
- To support and lead EHS audits to encompass internal (i.e. Group EHS) and external (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001) requirements.
- Support, coach and mentor the EHS Advisor.
- Support the EHS Manager in the formulation of the Environmental, Health and Safety annual budget in consultation with the Plant General Manager.
- Support site engineering project team to ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and ensuring best practice with regard to Environmental, Health and Safety.
- To promote and encourage Environmental, Health and Safety participation on site, which will lead to improved Environmental, Health and Safety culture.
- To measure, record and interpret Environmental, Health and Safety statistics in line with company and legislative requirements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- In-depth knowledge and application of ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 standards
- Proven manufacturing/operations exposure, ideally within a COMAH regulated site
- Extensive safety coaching experience
- Project Management experience
- Ability to influence
- Facilitating change
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Directly: Chloe Dalton on 0161 639 0080