Diageo Business Development Executive - Grocery
Quench your thirst for a new job with this fantastic opportunity to join CPM as a Business Development Executive. Representing the market leading drinks company DIAGEO and their famous brands such as Smirnoff, Guinness and Gordons in the Grocery sector and earn £24,241 + £3000 bonus plus company car and great career prospects. Apply today to beGIN a great new career!
Ideal location: Northampton (NN7)
Territory covering: Coventry, Hemel Hempstead, Leicester, Luton, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Oxford, Peterborough, Stevenage & surrounding areas
What do our Business Development Executive's do?
Employed by CPM on our Diageo Grocery team as a Business Development Executive you would be calling into Grocery multiples in your territory, representing the fantastic Diageo range of alcoholic drinks brands. All the stores you visit will already stock some of the products, so whilst this is a sales role your aim will be to use your persuasive skills to influence key people within the store to expand the range of products they stock. Using the great business relationships you have built will enable you to gain the stores agreement to prominently display promotions and secure the best possible space for new product lines.
Your territory is yours to make a success of, and your ability to overcome objections and find innovative solutions will help increase sales of the Diageo products across your territory and meet the targets you and your team need to achieve.
You will have access to some great data about what is going on in each of the stores which will help you make the right suggestions to maximise the potential of each store and increase their profits too! The knowledge you gain during your visits is vital, both on the store and on competitor marketing and promotions. This information is easily uploaded by you during each visit onto the tablet we will provide you with. Your insight will allow CPM and Diageo to plan our future campaigns and will make a real difference to the success of not just your territory but both businesses too.
You would enjoy this Business Development Executive role if:
- You are looking for a sales career working within the drinks industry and would be passionate about representing such great brands
- You are commercially minded and happy to use data to help you make decisions. If you already have experience of using store data, then great! However, if this is new to you then having the right attitude and passion to represent such great brands is more important, as full training will be given
- You make great business relationships and are able to influence people
- The thought of being able to make a success of your own territory and overcoming objections and delivering results sounds like a great opportunity to you
Please note, a full UK driving licence is essential for this role
We welcome applications from people with customer facing experience, graduates, FMCG retail professionals, or anyone with the right attitude who is keen to develop a career within sales.
Why work for CPM?
- £24,241 per annum plus an annual bonus of up to £3000
- Company car, tablet and mobile phone
- Paid holiday entitlement and company pension scheme
In addition to the great package above, CPM will also offer you unrivalled sales training, combined with great support from your field manager. There are fantastic opportunities for you if you are motivated to develop both personally and to progress your career within CPM and also Diageo direct.
Apply now to join our fun and friendly team!
CPM is an equal opportunities employer