Materials Planning & Logistics Manager
Materials Planning and Logistics Manager
Job Title: Materials Planning and Logistics Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Location: West London
Sector / Industry: FMCG
Job Reference: SM 1477
Our client is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of FMCG products, they have an impressive range of well-known brands in the food and beverage sector. The current senior management team is looking for an experienced Materials Planning and Logistics Manager to support the continuous growth of the business and operations team. The primary objective of this role will be taking full responsibility for managing inventory, stock, distribution and replenishment of planning materials and products.
- Lead a team of direct reports (purchasing manager, inventory controller and production planning manager)
- Take full budgetary management responsibility, providing leadership, management and coordination to the ‘make or buy’ planning, purchasing and inventory control departments
- Ensure perpetual and annual stock checks are undertaken and audited
- Maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of documented department processes and ensure they are regularly reviewed and enacted by all staff
- Data analysis and trend reporting will be undertaken to develop replenishment and inventory reduction strategies
- Management duties will include completing regular performance reviews; manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate for direct reports
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience within a busy FMCG manufacturing environments
- Educated to degree level (masters desirable) in a relevant discipline with appropriate qualifications in logistics or supply chain management.
- A confident communicator who has interpersonal and influential skills to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders, customers and external providers.
- Strong IT systems knowledge including ERP systems and excel is essential.
- Ability to challenge communicate confidently and business leadership to achieve cost effective savings
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Sam Corten-Miller or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.