Brand Manager – Beauty and Personal Care
My client are a key trading company based in Cambridgeshire and focuses on the design, manufacture and distribution of product in its three key operating functions; Brands (owned and licenced), Private Label Supply and Contract Manufacturing.
The company’s customer base ranges from key multiple drugstore, grocery and fashion retailers to premium brands and is supplied throughout the UK from Poundland to Harrods and growing international markets, currently 30 countries worldwide.
The company has a reputation for exceptional customer service and consistently leads the way forward in product and brand development and manufacturing resulting in leading the way but also setting standards.
Role and responsibilities:
The scope of the role spans a number of key areas including:
- Brand Performance
monitoring performance of brands/products and the active management of ranging in terms of high and low performers
- Brand Management
monitoring the performance of products/brands and the active management of ranges in terms of high and low performers
- NPD Management
maintain and develop a pipeline of ideas for brand development to improve in market competitiveness. Ideas based on insight about the external environment (consumer, customer or competitor). Ensure centrally sourced work (NPD or creative) is fit for the UK consumer.
- A key driver of NPD internally through the business this involves co-ordinating multi-functions and activities, including close liaison with buyers, packaging technologist, R&D, suppliers and the customer
- Sales and Commercial Management
presentation of brands to key customers (UK and globally) including ongoing management of brand and marketing activities direct with key customers toensure all new and ongoing product and live lines meet company margin criteria
- Sales Support
Provide back-up and point of contact for internal and external customers and suppliers andas appropriate, on behalf of other branded team members, ensure business matters are dealt with appropriately and where action is needed, forward to appropriate person
Must have knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years marketing experience. Blue chip FMCG useful but not necessary. However must be able to demonstrate experience across all elements of marketing – strategic planning, performance monitoring, NPD and the ability to work in a commercial environment influencing management in other functions (sales and product development mainly).
- Ideally industry experience of working with FMCG brands – health + beauty industry preferred but not essential depending upon background and experience
- Able to demonstrate a high level of intellectual ability, likely through good academics (2:1 or equivalent), although other experience or test results may also demonstrate this. CIM useful but not necessary. Able to demonstrate a high level of numeracy
- Highly proficient in MS Office systems including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Full Driving License
- Commutable within one hour of Peterborough Head Office
- Basic salary of 40 K (depending on experience)
- Office Based
- Great Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme earning up to 15 % of annual salary
- 33 days Holiday
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Gary Laverty on 0161 833 0181. Looking to interview a.s.a.p.
Gary Laverty / Senior Consultant
+44 (0) 161 833 0181
Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Sales Executive, Senior Sales Executive, FMCG, FMCG, BDM, Business Development Manager, Cosmetics, Fragrance, Personal Care