Technical Business Development Manager
SAI Global, a global Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit a Technical Business Development Manager to help grow and develop our Food Assurance services, with a specific focus on the provision of our Technical Expertise, Supplier Compliance Management and technology-enabled solutions. As our clients face ever-increasing demands to satisfy key customer issues including the traceability and sustainability of their products alongside traditional quality and safety concerns, SAI uniquely positions itself with our portfolio of assurance services – as a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for promoting our services as we help address industry wide challenges and supplier compliance management. With a pure new business focus, the successful candidate will need to be both proactive and resilient to drive forward growth in their region.
Due to the nature of the role, the Business Development Manager must be able to work in a fast paced and client-facing environment whilst maintaining responsibility for several simultaneous sales campaigns. The ability to present and demonstrate SAI’s portfolio of assurance offerings is critical to success, and a track-record in dealing with complex national, multi-national, and global companies from a Business Development stance would be advantageous. Additionally, you will be expected to manage the transition of the closed accounts to colleagues in professional services and support.
As part of the role, we would expect the successful Business Development Manager to spend the majority of their working time directly supporting the sales process and business development through face-to-face and electronic communication with potential and existing clients. Furthermore, the role will be a UK home-based opportunity with regular travel to our Milton Keynes office. An overview of the main duties have been provided below:
- To actively promote and sell SAI’s provision of Technical Services, Supplier Compliance Management and technology-enabled solutions;
- To provide account management and new business development services within existing clients;
- To respond to new sales opportunities and prospect for new business;
- To participate in developing new marketing and sales strategies;
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of the company's service offerings as well as external market trends;
- To present SAI Global solutions and services to clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, video/web meetings, telephone calls and emails;
- To take ownership of business lead generation and appointment setting as well as working with internal staff to generate vertical business opportunities;
- To manage and maintain a pipeline; ensuring all sales information is current using Sales Force CRM software;
- To maintain responsibility for the creation of, and accountability for, all client proposals, contracts and further documentation.
Experience and Skillset required:
- 5+ years professional sales experiences; ideally with experience in technical food assurance and the challenges of;
- Proven success in sales with full knowledge of the sales process;
- Experience and success in managing high-value and complex relationships with senior management in large corporations;
- Strong relationship building skills coupled with a customer-centric approach;
- Knowledge of assurance management services and solutions;
- A degree level qualification or equivalent;
- A valid UK driving license – regular national UK travel is expected as part of the role;
- Good IT literacy and skills, including proficiency in SalesForce.com and MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong commercial acumen, with a flair for high-value sales;
- Confident and effective communicator, both written and oral, and presenter;
- Excellent consultative selling and contract negotiating skills with an ability to close a deal;
- Ability to deal with customers at senior management and board level;
- Strong networking skills;
- Self-motivation and drive coupled with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a broader team;
- Ability to work with discretion regarding confidential information, possession of sound judgment and attention to detail.
SAI Global provides a range of solutions, services and expertise to help individuals and organizations manage risk. Our business comprises four core divisions:
- Risk management solutions: We help companies take an integrated approach to risk lifecycle management through an innovative mix of industry expertise, market-leading software and ethics learning solutions;
- Global standards: We are a trusted provider of standards, technical information and regulatory content to organizations globally;
- Australian property broking and information: We are Australia’s largest provider of property information and settlement services and support confident decision making across all stages of the property lifecycle;
- Assurance certification and training: We provide accredited audit and certification services based on third-party endorsed management systems, and world-class training, to support organizations gain efficiencies, improve performance and ensure compliance.
Underpinning all SAI Global’s diverse, market-leading solutions are proven and trusted business methodologies, powered by local expertise and know how.
We have global reach, with locations across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific.