National Account Manager
Are you eager to develop your commercial talent yet feel you’re being held back? Did you work hard for your degree so you could tear up trees and make a name for yourself in the FMCG industry or did you do all that hard work so you could waste time finger pointing in mind numbing meetings?
Signature Career Management are supporting a London based FMCG Brand to appoint a National Account Manager, who have a sales and wider commercial team who work together to get things moving in the industry. In fact, they’re all part of a Brand which is market leading and continues to make waves with their innovation. They want people who can tear up trees, they want people who want to make an impact, and guess what? They give you the freedom to make things happen and collaborate to bring all of their minds together to continue to build this power Brand in the food & drink sector. When smart people collaborate instead of compete, amazing things happen!
So what do you need to know about the position?
- This is a NAM role on Top 4 Grocery Retail which can be as big as you need it to be! Only have 18 months experience in FMCG National Accounts and want more support? You got it! Looking to be the next Head of Sales and want a route that can get you there fast? You got it! This could easily be a SNAM position and a small team to go with it. Interesting, I hear you say!
- You’ll be building JBPs, fighting for the best space and agreeing new promotional plans.
- You will be P&L responsible so of course, you’ll have a head for numbers and like a bit of analysis.
- The role requires someone who is switched on, sharp and full of energy – If you don’t have the energy for the relentless pace of FMCG this role certainly won’t be for you. In the words of Dolly Parton “Working 9 till 5” (You just sung that didn’t you) …this role isn’t that!
- This position is very much part of a team – this team is young, smart, sociable, upbeat, passionate about the Brand, their customers and delivering profit. (Only apply if this sounds like you guys or you won’t fit in!)
To succeed in this role you have to be someone who goes the extra mile, you have to be someone who want’s more than just ‘a job’, you have to be someone who won’t take no for an answer, is willing to push for more, shout louder to be heard and loves being part of a team delivering for customers and consumers quality, consistency, excitement and a Brand which is just the nuts! It goes without saying that attitude is key here, skills can be taught. What you must already have in your kit bag however is the following:
- FMCG National Account experience in either Convenience, Discount or Grocery
- Have directly managed or supported on a P&L as well as JBPs
- A love for numbers, you can analyse data and know what to do with it!
We’ll be honest, this FMCG Brand isn’t for everyone; there’s nowhere to hide as the business is lean, if you love a pointless meeting and hate collaborating, and you’re perhaps someone who loves a drama and a moan, then these guys probably aren’t for you. But if you’re smart, want to push on with your career and up for a challenge and you need to apply… NOW!
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.
Apply for National Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly