Oppo – Head of International Sales
Oppo – Head of International Sales
London based with frequent international travel (mainly Europe)
Having begun your career within FMCG blue chip food and drink businesses, you’ll have since gained some valuable SME experience and seen what all the fuss is about! Couple this with a brand that is upwardly mobile and demonstrating an impressive growth trajectory others can only dream of, then this really is the rarest of opportunities. Oppo is an award-winning low calorie ice cream and desserts brand on a mission to change the way people eat by creating #goodtemptation and become the #1 healthy indulgent brand across Europe by 2021.
Who are Oppo?
Founded and launched in 2014 by brothers Charlie and Harry, Oppo is a real success story already enjoying increasingly impressive distribution gains throughout the UK, Europe and beyond. Great tasting products, an exciting innovation pipeline all underpinned with a growing awareness among consumers, the next three years promise to turn Oppo into a household name with a turnover approaching £50m.
The arrival of new competitors and the focus of traditional brands in the “better-for-you” ice cream market has seen a huge boost to the category and Oppo are exceptionally well placed to take advantage of the increased focus in healthy indulgence.
Culturally, Oppo is a modern, vibrant and exciting food business with a clear mission and great values. Through hard work, an authentic culture and of course an unswerving commitment to making the best quality products, the company is now looking to make that next big leap. In part, this momentum will be accelerated through new and exciting investment, whilst Charlie and Harry continue to be the driving force and faces of the brand.
In order to ensure focus and momentum at this exciting stage for the business, a leadership team has been put in place, comprising Sales, Finance, Operations and Product Development allowing the founders the time and scope to focus on growth, investors and business planning. With the ambition to become the #1 healthy brand across Europe, Oppo are now looking to bring in an established Sales Leader who can be truly hands on from the ground up, in devising and setting out the international sales strategy that will take advantage of existing opportunities as well as deliver the relevant route to markets in key territories that will be critical in achieving their mid to long term plans.
As Head of International Sales, it will be incumbent upon you to scope out and build a compelling commercial plan to win in the category, developing strong and sustainable partnerships with the key retailers in each of the markets. In turn, you’ll be expected to build a team as the business scales up, but this is a role that will very much require someone who is happy to be very hands on and take personal ownership. The Head of International Sales will be required to:
- Devise and build a compelling and actionable RTM strategy
- Drive new business opportunities in order to optimise Oppo growth plans profitably
- Build a team that enables Oppo to fully exploit each market they enter
- Contribute positively as a leader of the business beyond your function by demonstrating role model behaviours and focusing on the vision and decisions that “help the team win”
The talent profile
We’re looking for a commercial leader with excellent Regional or Global sales experience, ideally gained from both blue chip and SME environments across food and beverage branded businesses.
- Proven leadership experience at Senior Sales Controller, “Head of” or Director level
- FMCG branded experience with a bias and passion for food and/or drink categories
- Experience of working in an SME business highly desirable
- Strong understanding and exposure to International and European retail landscapes with experience of Direct and Distributor led models
- Experience of selling premium or “Better for you” brands
- P&L ownership
Interpersonal style & approach:
- An engaging “go-getter”, driven and results focused
- A natural relationship builder, collaborative and a sense of the wider team
- Thrives in taking on personal responsibility and working in an ambiguous, fast changing environment
- Enjoys and is naturally curious and interested in other cultures
The search and assessment process is being managed by our retained partners at bpesearch and applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting DK/27282/bpe. Please note that all direct and 3rd party applications will be forwarded to bpesearch for consideration.
Due to the festive break we will not be reviewing any applications until the 10th January 2019. Thank you for your patience with us.
Apply for Oppo – Head of International Sales
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly