Area Sales Manager
- Premium pet food brand with an outstanding reputation.
- Customer base of quality independent pet shops and country stores.
- Established area with huge potential for development.
This well-established supplier provides premium pet food brands to the retail pet trade. As an Area Sales Manager you will benefit from selling quality products that have a strong reputation with retailers and sales are growing at over 40% per annum. We are looking for a high calibre sales person who can help achieve continued growth in the South West of England and South Wales.
The role covering South West England:
As an Area Sales Manager (Sales Representative) you will inherit an area covering the South West of England and South Wales.
You will inherit an established business base and be targeted to achieve sales growth in these accounts while prospecting for new, suitable retail customers. The skills you will need to bring to the role are:
- Build trusting relationships with pet shop owners using a consultative sales approach.
- Actively prospect for new stockists.
- Provide first class customer service.
- Communicate and reinforce the benefits of stocking the brands to retailers.
- Provide training and education to retail sales assistants.
- Create eye catching product displays using point-of-sale and promotional material.
- Report against your sales plan on a weekly basis.
The person for this pet trade sales role – South West:
We are looking for an experienced field sales Representative with experience of selling to the independent pet trade. In addition we hope to find these additional qualities:
- Based centrally to cover the area. Bristol, Taunton, Bath, Swindon would be ideal.
- A proven track record of ability to open new retail accounts and grow area sales turnover.
- Experience dealing with pet shops and closing sales with the decision maker.
- Excellent sales skills. Able to build sales arguments, influence decisions and close for sales orders.
- Right personality – positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily.
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly in order to meet targets.
- Enjoys running small training sessions and providing education to customers.
The job holder will enjoy a competitive basic salary and rewarding commission scheme plus car, laptop, printer and a smart phone.
For more information and to apply please contact:
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030
Location: South West England
Job reference: NH/20100
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Apply for Area Sales Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly