Business Development Manager
- To proactively develop new business across Bed, Bath and Window initially across England and Wales through a targeted and systematic approach.
- The role will also have a centrally located region where you will be required to develop sales in existing customer accounts – this will be no more than 20% of the role. The regional responsibility will help you to learn the role as well as creating a grounding in the core business.
- Once opened the new accounts will pass back to the area sales managers for ongoing management. The exception will be accounts with Window only retailers who will remain with the role.
- The customer targets will vary in size from national retailers (particularly in window only) to smaller independent retailers. You will need to be able to manage relationships across all business sizes.
- The opening of accounts will require a systematic approach that continually revisits targets as my client relaunches seasonally (twice per year). Due to their constant focus on newness and product development a no today could easily be a yes tomorrow and so revisiting and refreshing the target list is crucial.
- The candidate will need to liaise closely with the existing sales team, marketing department and industry agencies to identify and target opportunities.
- A well-established home furnishings business representing a number of luxury brands within bedding, towels & curtains.
- Growing rapidly they are able to offer new recruits a vibrant, fast moving, yet stable environment.
- You will need to be self-motivated, highly energetic, tenacious and relentless in seeking new sales opportunities.
- We expect this person to be ambitious and keen to develop their career in Business development and sales.
- You will be required to independently identify, target, market, approach, pitch and open accounts with new customers requiring an outgoing sales orientated approach.
- You should be experienced in sales development and demonstrate a strong track record opening new accounts. Experience in branded consumer goods is essential.
Location: National – ideal location Midlands/Northern Home Counties
Job Reference: SV/201114
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.