National Account Executive
As one of the UK's leading World Food distributors, we are looking to recruit a knowledgeable and experienced Account Executive to work with within our Grocery Multiples team and act as a daily point of contact for our customers. The Company supplies a number of major multiple retailers and wholesalers across the UK.
As the successful Account Executive, you will be responsible for coordinating our Multiple Grocery customer's business daily. You will work closely with the National Account Manager where necessary to influence business and drive relationships between you and your customers.
You'll get top level exposure and must be able to do the behind the scenes work as well. You'll be using Excel to a high level along with management of data. Responsibility for driving the P&L, coming up with suggestions on promotions, as well as managing stock and deliveries, order handling and invoicing and working with internal departments to ensure all areas of the customer relationship are being run effectively/projects are within time line.
- To develop and win new national multiple account business
- To generate creative ideas and innovations to drive business growth
- To maximise generation of profitable sales and achieve budgeted sales and profit
- To manage long term customer relations to ensure high levels of customer service and consequent repeat business
- To manage price and promotions and provide merchandising advice and options for your customer base as well as working with internal departments to ensure all areas of the customer relationship is being run effectively
- To maximise sales by ensuring the highest possible levels of sales and service, including individual customer attention and negotiation of best possible sales terms
- To review customer spend reports to identify business building opportunities with customers
- To work closely with operational colleagues to ensure that account execution is in line with customer expectations
- To work with the marketing team to help formulate brand strategies that will drive long term growth of the brand
- Data analysis for sales performance, customer activity and promotional forecasting
- Order forecasting and arranging deliveries for key customers as well as keeping on top of stock holdings in 3rd party warehouses
- Assisting with the development of JBP level relationships with customers
- Building strong internal relationships and externally with supply analysts and buyers in the Major Multiple Channel
Who we're looking for
- We are looking for a candidate with previous FMCG experience (a minimum of 2 years account management experience)
- The ability to source new customers
- Competent with Excel (V-Look up and Pivot tables)
- Competent creating PowerPoint presentations
- Customer management skills
- Outgoing and confident personality
- Demonstrate initiative
The ideal candidate will need to have experience of national accounts at a Key Accounts or Exec level. Great desire to learn and progress, able to work hard and understand that the behind the scenes detail is as important as the face to face engagement.
To be considered for this you must demonstrate success in handling accounts within FMCG, either from a branded and/or own label environment and exhibit strong and effective negotiation skills.
You will be a self-motivated and ambitious individual but also a team player having a solid background in Account Management. Your background can be within any FMCG business and of most importance will be your Excel, account management, time-management and organisational skills. You must be able to influence and liaise with management at all levels.
About the Company
Based in London and established over 54 years ago and with a turnover of £70m, this growing business is both a brand distributor and has several its own brands.
The company enjoys a very strong relationship with the Wholesale and Independent trade and has helped shape a number of diverse, competitive, NPD-driven categories in the face of fierce branded opposition.
The culture is friendly and professional and there is a genuine commitment to ensure that everyone feels part of a wider family and enjoys the role they play.
We have a strong focus on developing our team internally and it's a place you'll be given the freedom to make your mark early in your career with internal promotion available. This is an exciting time to be joining this business where opportunities for further progression and development will be forthcoming for those who consistently deliver.
Apply for National Account Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly