Area Sales Manager
Highly successful garden machinery manufacturer with strong brands and great quality
An autonomous field sales role with tremendous support
Full training provided
You would be working for the UK subsidiary of a high-quality German garden machinery manufacturer. The company offers a comprehensive range of quality products that meet the requirements of discerning professional and domestic users, as well as giving their retail partners the right price points and margins. All garden machinery dealers are supported by great customer service and fast response times. As an ASM you will be empowered to plan, manage and target your customer base to reach monthly sales objectives.
The role of Area Sales Manager:
Ideally living in Berks, Surrey, London, Middlesex, Sussex or Kent; you will cover a larger South East / East Anglia area.
Home based, you will have responsibility for:
- Developing strong, long-term, profitable business partnerships with a customer base of c100 garden machinery dealers
- Achieving sales and meeting targets. Being a positive ambassador for the company and brands.
- Acting as a business advisor for the customer – assisting decision making on parts, technical, marketing, sales orders, providing training and resolving all other enquiries.
- Working within a team to communicate, share resources and secure support to ensure the customer experience is always exceptional
- Organisation and planning is so important to this role that you are expected to spend one day each week working at home. Otherwise the company standard is 4 calls per day.
The Area Sales Manager profile:
We are looking for an experienced and high calibre Sales Representative with the communication skills and commercial ability to represent this ambitious business.
Specific qualities will include:
- Living centrally to the sales area: Berks, Surrey, London, Middlesex, Sussex or Kent
- Field sales experience supplying dealers, re-sellers or retailers
- Able to provide prompt and excellent customer service through face to face sales
- Skilled at fact finding, questioning and verbal clarity
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Empathy and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Advanced planning and organisation skills
- Experience of IT business tools – Microsoft Office, CRM management tools and reporting systems
This role will suit a field sales Representative looking for a more specialist role or a sales orientated individual within a garden machinery dealership who seeks a career in field sales.
Full training will be provided over a 4-week induction. In addition to an attractive basic salary you will also enjoy an annual performance-based bonus, company car, 25 days holiday, company credit card, life assurance, contributory pension plan, product discounts and be provided with an iPhone, iPad and laptop.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine:
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.