Jnr Business Account Manager- (Grocery)- FMCG Branded & Own Label Business
As one of UK's fastest growing International Food Businesses, our client has an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. Operating within the Ambient Branded & Own Label market, their offering is both sophisticated and premium in nature and subsequently has become a real product of choice for many discerning consumers. Operating within a matrix led divisional Company structure has meant that their product offering is highly extensive whilst offering Brands with provanance & regional heritage to boot. With some of the most recognisable Brands within the Retail Space they serve, they are at the forefront of strong organic growth across several categories/product areas.
As the Jnr BAM you will take full P&L accountability for a smaller business unit within the Grocery Division. You will help take the category and customer to new levels of growth performance. Having close involvement with range management and merchandising, you will also feel the stretch of your intellectual capabilities as you find new ways of understanding your customer and end consumer.
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- All below relate to Branded & O/L business.
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines.
- Deliver price increases.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Ensure that activity supports central brand direction where applicable
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
Whilst you will be fully supported by the Business Unit Controller to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives requirements and also a real “tough trading” environment where strength of character is key. The Business offers successful employees a clear structured career path which they can follow across the several divisions they operate.
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience in Brand or Retailer Branded across Grocery, Cash & Carry or C&I Account Management within the FMCG Industry, additionally the client is also willing to consider dynamic Junior candidates currently working directly at the Key Account Management Level. Financial Acumen and Strong Negotiations skills are a must, as this role will test the toughest of characters.