Business Development Manager - Yorkshire
Paul Nyman are representing a company based in Yorkshire that is part of a larger multinational group. They are specialists in their field and are looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join their team.
Our client is a leading producer of innovative culinary sauces in the UK for the meat, fish and poultry industries. They have longstanding relationships with both retail and industry customers based on a deep knowledge and understanding of global taste and food concepts.
As Business Development Manager for Tesco you will pick up P&L responsibility for lines within the main Tesco estate along with ownership of 1 or more of the formats within the group (Dotcom, One Stop, Express) Within your remit will be the planning, implementing and execution of the sales plan for your account base, whilst also supporting the Account Manager on the core Tesco estate.
You will be someone who is on the upward career curve and perhaps looking to make your first move from a National Account Executive or Junior National Account Manager position into a role with a large amount of ownership and progression. Experience of operating in a customer facing capacity would be a distinct advantage, with a mandatory requirement to be numerically strong, think analytically and develop relationships. From a personality point of view you will be someone who takes accountability for their customers and exhibit a drive and ambition to develop your career.
A Business Development Manager will need to both identify and deliver new potential customers as well as growing existing relationships whilst ensuring the customers enjoy the experience of working with our business, who remain satisfied and positive. You will also be responsible for negotiating and closing opportunities and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Existing customer growth
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring activity plans are in place for each customer
- Be the key contact for each customer
New Business Development
- Research, identify and develop potential new customers, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
- Forecast sales targets as part of annual budgeting process
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
You must have great communication skills, be passionate about food and have the will to drive projects forward. If this sounds like a fit for your personality and skill set then please apply with an up to date CV, details of your remuneration package and your notice period.
Paul Nyman Consultancy specialise in FMCG Sales jobs, Marketing jobs, NPD jobs & Category jobs across the UK