OPERATIONS DIRECTOR – GIFTWARE
Office Based – Northamptonshire.
Very Competitive Package + Car Allowance
Due to a planned retirement, my client is now searching for an experienced Operations Director with a background in Consumer Goods to join the business at board level. This is a vital hire for the business as the successful candidate will have responsibility over the day to day running of the business ensuring effective production, distribution and stock management of product, as well as general staff and facility management.
The company itself is a world leader in their industry, being the original creator / inventors of the range of products they offer to the market. They have been established for over 22 years and have an excellent reputation in the market place for the high quality of their products. Currently enjoying year on year growth over the last decade they are now supplying the majority of leading High Street retailers, Grocers and Department Stores across the United Kingdom, as well as distributing to over 40 countries worldwide with established offices in the United States.
As Operations Director you will play a key role in driving the business through an exciting period of change. You will be tasked with analysing internal processes and implementing new reporting systems where required. Working closely with the Sales Director and CEO, you will also be heavily involved in the strategic planning, forecasting and overseeing the financials of the business.
The ideal candidate will currently be working at Operations Director level but candidates who are at a senior management position in a similarly aligned role will also be considered. As an SME, my client is looking for a true all-rounder and someone who is happy to turn their hand to a variety of responsibilities from staff management and HR queries, to shipping and logistics and financial management. Experience of IT system implementations and championing change within a business would be highly beneficial to this role.
Key Skills of successful candidate will include:
- Leadership – leading teams across different departments to achieve organisational goals.
- Communication – ensuring that communication is ongoing and effective between different departments.
- IT – keeping up to date with IT systems in the workplace while having an understanding of emerging technologies.
- Presentation – presenting ideas and results to different stakeholders across the business including staff and senior management.
- Team working – fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all company goals are met.
- Initiative – the ability to work alone and take a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion.
- Planning - staying ahead of the game and ensuring that plans for the future are clearly labelled out for everyone to follow.
- Problem solving – adapting to the ever-changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges.
Overall, this is an excellent opportunity to be part of the board and drive the business forward.
If you feel you have the relevant experience outlined above, please call Sam Gray at Clear Edge Search & Selection on 0113 2054970, or alternatively forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Clear Edge Search & Selection