The Advocate Group are pleased to partner with a fast growing brand of innovative and premium soft drinks. As a result of their success, the company is looking to further grow by expanding it’s team and are looking for an experienced Export Manager.
Our client is looking for an Export Manager to lead the export strategy & sales development. All candidates will have the opportunity to grow with the company, fulfil a senior position and to manage new future employees.
This role will be responsible for building new distribution with partner importers and key international retailers. The Export Manager will have the ability to operate strategically as well as operating in a real time environment.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Export Manager:
- Develop and execute strategy plan for Export activity in 2019
- Lead the sales and brand positioning within international markets
- Drive new distribution for their full range with a focus on major importers in Europe, Asia and the US
- Have an ongoing robust contact strategy plan across existing export partners and potential new export partners
- As the Export Manager, attend trade shows internationally
- Ensuring the relevant marketing and A&P support is available for importers and being used in the right way.
- Constant follow up with importers on how to incentivise and activate existing markets
- Making sure the brand is maximised within the export partner and reporting guidelines are adhered to.
- Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations, contract proposals and negotiate pricing with customer.
- Analyse and report on each potential importer and present to the business founders.
- Management of budgets and commercial targets
Desired Attributes and Experience as the Export Manager:
- Have recent Export sales experience, selling drinks ( or premium FMCG products) to major distributors and retailers.
- Experience in managing distributor networks.
- Knowledge of the financial workings of distributors including margin analysis, rebates and mark-down.
- Good knowledge of UK and International retail market with existing contacts • Passion for selling FMCG or premium products
- Prepared for regular overseas travel.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering sales and profit growth.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills at customer level.
- Self-starting, being able to roll up the sleeves and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Commercial expertise
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to Daniel Smith or, alternatively please call Daniel Smith on 0207 871 8000 or submit your application via the link below.