National Account Controller (Grocery)
My client is a leading marketing leading food company; on their behalf I am recruiting for a National Account Controller to join the commercial team.
This is a new and exciting sales leadership role leading two business units within the UK sales team.
With compelling growth plans, they are now looking to strengthen an already first-class commercial team.
The National Account Controller will lead and manage a direct team of 4 across the accounts.
The nature of these grocery customers means that their strategic importance to our client is huge hence their intent to invest further. Should the successful applicant succeed in growing these already £multi-million relationships, the door for fast progression within this large multi-brand owner will definitely be open.
This role combines high level relationship development with inspirational team leadership. Your focus will be on developing our customer base whilst honing the talents of your immediate team. More specifically, you'll provide the kind of vision and innovative thinking that will achieve growth across categories.
But by putting the customer first, developing your team and achieving great results, you'll take challenges in your stride!
To succeed in the role you will have:
- Experience within a branded FMCG environment at National Account Controller level
- Team management experience and the ability to develop a team of reports to enhance the capability of the overall sales function
- Management of a top 4 grocery account
- Have great leadership skills and be a proven strategic thinker
- Exceptional commercial awareness coupled with a proven track record gained within a progressive FMCG environment in national accounts
- Demonstrated impressive business achievements through consumer insight and bringing energy & motivation to your role
- Strong relationship-building skills, and are ready to make an impact on strategy and category plans from day one.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website