Junior Category Development Manager
This is one of our favourite clients to work with. Despite their market leading position, they behave as if they are number two or three in their category and as a result work really hard for their customers to provide new and exciting ways of working. This is shown in their innovation, marketing plans, trade marketing and commercial success.
They only recruit team players who have an appetite to put more on their plate than many can manage, but have the intellect and personality to create group based solutions that resonate with retail customer and consumers alike.
In this role you will be a central part of the high performing category team who have built an enviable reputation across the market.
- To implement the category agenda for assigned account/channel, and provide ad-hoc support when required
- Delivering category leadership to our customers and Birds Eye
- Ensure we become renowned for creating and implementing the best POP solutions, driving profitable growth for both Birds Eye and the retailer
- Co-development & execution of a category plan with priority customers that delivers sustainable growth in Savoury Frozen
- To transform shoppers and retailers view of savoury frozen
- Support the Senior Category Development Manager in translating Category vision into a set of relevant long term Drivers for growth for assigned account/channel
- With the guidance of the Senior Category Development Manager, formulate and implement rolling 12-18mth category plans
- Implement the category plan. Develop and execute strategies to maximise range, space, location, availability and macro space incorporating all category growth levers
- Ensure tactics within the plan are executed in store. Evaluate the impact and ensure that learnings feed into future planning and activation across the channel
- Lead selling propositions with the total category vision and the growth opportunity for the retailer. Ensure that activity input and output targets are set and appropriate by retailer
- Work with Sales, Category, Net Revenue and Marketing teams to ensure timely notification of portfolio risks and opportunities both internally and with customers. Based on this information, to be a catalyst to drive positive change
Activity development, shaping and tailoring
- Work closely with outside agencies and insight departments to increase shopper understanding and ensure that this is applied in the development of the category plan and execution of in-store activity
- As directed by Category Director, manage the translation of category building initiatives from the Grocery environment into assigned account/channel, eg: flow, adjacencies, point of purchase development etc.
- Raise the capability of the Category Development Team in understanding the shopper agenda and category development plans in assigned account/channel
- % share of distribution / Top 30 SKUs distribution
- Implementation of Category Objectives
- Identified category opportunities reflected in brand /customer plans
- Implementation of category vision outputs across the store estate
- Advantage Group Survey performance ratings, if applicable to the assigned account/channel
Qualifications and Previous Experience
- Practical experience of category management process and first-hand experience of managing customer relationships
- Preferably graduate calibre
- FMCG Frozen Food Category experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically to develop clear vision for the category within the customer
- Strong communicator (written & presented) with good facilitation skills
- Demonstrable capability of applying category management thinking.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of the shopper / market insight techniques and how they relate to category development
Your effort here will be rewarded with first class training and the opportunity to progress upwards as part of the category growth across the business. Interested team players should apply now via the Paul Nyman Consultancy website, attaching their CV along with remuneration details and the time they can meet for a face to face interview with one of their consultants over the next three weeks.