Senior Buyer, London, Competitive Salary, Global Established Supplier
A large and established supplier who develop a wide ranging product offering to sought after, fashion forward brands are looking for a senior buyer to join their dynamic and high-performing buying team.
To be considered you will be currently working as a Senior Buyer with significant experience in buying for packaging (essential), ideally luxury gift packaging, or giftware, along with health and beauty accessories. You must have experience managing a buying team, excellent communication and organisational skills, and a degree with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent).
The team is hard-working but fun, with great perks and events to get involved in. Someone sociable and friendly, but who really cares about what they do and is very dynamic, would fit right in, in addition to being dedicated and high performing. There is huge scope for development and career progression and the company really values their staff and listens to each individual's opinion.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Dealing directly with the Far East
- Managing and training the buying team
- Mediating between supplier and client
- Working closely with the design team on product development
- Coming up with ideas and concepts
- Organising client presentations
- Negotiating prices and managing the budget
- Managing the critical path
- Managing the suppliers to ensure everything in the critical path is delivered on schedule- able to push back whilst also build relationships
- Handling quality control and assurance
In order to be considered for this exciting position, it is essential that you have:
- A degree - 2:1 and above
- Experience dealing directly with suppliers in the Far East, and experience travelling to factories there
- At least 4 years buying experience, some in packaging, gift packaging or giftware
- Experience working across multiple product categories
- Hard-working and driven personality
- Takes initiative
- Comprehensive knowledge of product and quality control
- Commercial acumen - an entrepreneur
- Calm under pressure
- Keen eye for detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Negotiation skills
- Happy to work in a dynamic environment
This company is offering a huge list of benefits, including a competitive salary, a bonus scheme based on team targets, a commission scheme, 25 days holiday, flexible working hours, a pension scheme, 4.15pm finish on Fridays, early finish on your birthday, maternity and childcare benefits, a sickness scheme, life assurance, summer and Christmas parties and recognition of long-service.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.