Head of Supply Chain Planning
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, the role will drive customer service excellence and achieve lowest cost of manufacture through effective leadership and management of the Supply Chain Planning department, including: MRP, Production Planning and Contract Manufacturing customer liaison. There is also a ‘dotted line’ oversight of the site-based scheduling functions.
Managing and developing the planning team through a coaching style, continually optimising the supply chain planning function and maintaining effective supplier/customer relationships both internally and externally. Ensuring full department compliance with agreed S&OP processes, practices and communication flows.
Living the ‘Big 4’ leadership styles to create an environment where the team proactively work towards delivery of customer service targets, Budget targets, 3 year plans and ‘Great Place To Work’ improvements.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Achieve and maintain market leading ex-factory Customer Service levels
- Working within the finished goods inventory policy to ensure stock holding is in line with working capital targets and physical constraints whilst reducing the risk of obsolescence and subsequent write-off.
- Using the stock policy and demand plan, produce a 52 week Master production schedule and a 3 week stable production plan.
- Ensure Co-Pack customer requirements are communicated and championed adequately within the business, Investigating issues and generating corrective actions and long term fixes as required.
- Ensure the correct KPIs, training and procedures are in place for the efficient and effective running of the Supply Chain Planning team
- Maintain a good understanding of the commercial and operational priorities within the business, and ensure this is shared with the Supply Chain Planning team as necessary
- Continual analysis of production scheduling rules to minimise waste and to improve line efficiency by reducing non-value adding line activities
- Generate a materials requirement plan (MRP) based on the MPS and manage the ordering of materials and packaging, using dotted line oversight of the site scheduling teams to drive best practice
- Leading the planning stream of the Sales & Operations Planning process and fully supporting the Head of S&OP in the creation of the monthly S&OP review
- Training and development of all staff to optimise the service provided by the Supply Chain Planning department.
- Ensuring the continual administration needs, data integrity checking and set-up auditing of all relevant IT systems in line with changing business needs. Systems include MRP and Advanced Planning
- Ensure the Stock availability within the warehouse network is adequate to achieve required service levels.
In this role you will need to be:-
- Empowering team leader that has a clear vison and who enables team members to flourish.
- Demonstrable team player
- Capable team leader
- CIPS or Relevant Degree or 5+ years industry experience in an influential supply chain leadership role.
- Demonstrable supply chain experience, together with significant exposure, gained ideally in a fast moving consumer goods environment