Senior Buyer, London, Competitive Salary, Established Supplier
A large and established supplier who develop a wide ranging product offering to sought after, fashion forward brands are looking for a senior buyer to join their buying team.
To be considered you will be currently working as a Senior Buyer with significant experience in buying for health and beauty (essential), gifting, packaging, accessories, or giftware (a plus). You must have experience managing a buying team, excellent communication and organisational skills, and a degree (or equivalent).
The team is young and fun, someone sociable and friendly would fit right in, in addition to being dedicated and high performing. There is huge scope for development and career progression and the company really value their staff and listen to each individual's opinion.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and training the buying team
- Working with clients
- Working closely with the design team on product development
- Coming up with ideas and concepts
- Organising client presentations
- Negotiating prices and managing the budget
- Managing the critical path
- Managing the suppliers to ensure everything in the critical path is delivered on schedule- able to push back whilst also build relationships
- Handling quality control and assurance
In order to be considered for this exciting position, it is essential that you have:
- A degree and above
- At least 4-5 years buying experience, some in health and beauty
- Experience working across multiple product categories
- Hard-working and driven personality
- Comprehensive knowledge of product and quality control
- Commercial acumen
- Keen eye for detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Negotiation skills
- Team-working skills
This company is offering a huge list of benefits, including a competitive salary, 23 days holiday, flexible working hours, a pension scheme, early finish on Fridays, early finish on your birthday, maternity and childcare benefits, a bonus scheme, a sickness scheme, life assurance, summer and Christmas parties and recognition of long-service.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.