Category Manager - OOH
Are you planning on a new role and new challenge in 2019? Are you in Category Management and keen to work for an organisation which puts people at the forefront of the business, customer focused and big on sustainability? This may just grab your attention then!
Based West London, this FMCG business have a portfolio of brands and operate across various channels. With a global offering and set up, they offer a great deal of career development, challenge, learnings and operate an autonomous and proactive working environment. If you’re a glass half full person and proactive in developing your customer, your own self learning and supportive in the team development around you, this could be a good fit!
When it comes to category management, growth is on the agenda surrounding three key pillars; premiumisation and value in the category, health, new occasions. As Category Manager you will take on this strategy and focus your efforts in the OOH/ Food Service and Convenience channel with a key Power Brand, customers include Booker, Bestway, Costco, The Co-op etc.
The Category Manager will ultimately be responsible for:
- Making sense of the existing range, understanding where innovation can be optimised, creating compelling category stories
- Provide category direction focussed on premiumisation and value in the category, health, new occasions
Successful candidates MUST gave gained experience in a classical Category Management role within FMCG or in a space planning/ category development role and have a passion for developing category strategy in the OOH/ Food Service and Convenience channel. You will be able to take a holistic view in order to build a long term category strategy, able to project manage working with various smaller customers and work to ambiguity when it comes to data! Skills/attributes of the successful candidate:
- Highly numerate, able to interpret data and deliver compelling insights even when working to ambiguity
- Strategic, open minded and think broadly to ensure longer term growth
- Experienced Category Manager, understanding what works and doesn’t (Any experience in the OOH/ Food Service/ Convenience channel would be advantageous but not essential)
- A creator of strong category arguments, able to build strong relationships and influence at all levels
- Able to work collaboratively with the wider supply chain to extract data and insight
- Strong in prioritisation, organisation and detail as well as customer presentations
- Proactive in nature, a real team player and someone who has a curious mind!
This is a very interesting opportunity in a channel which presents unique challenge. If this sounds like something you’d like to explore, please don’t hesitate in applying.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.