National Account Manager - Tesco & JS - Home Based
Ceuta Group is a global consumer brand service organisation working with some of the most dynamic brands in Health & Personal Care, Food & Drink and Household Categories. Our 350+ employees across the Ceuta Group support every aspect of brand growth for our client and customers. Ceuta Healthcare, the flagship company based in Bournemouth, was established 24 years ago and continues to develop brands by offering key insights and category expertise to deliver great results consistently. Our business model and bespoke approach make us an invaluable business partner.
We are currently looking for a commercially astute and experienced National Account Manager to manage and grow a portfolio of leading Health & Beauty brands including Compeed, Vicks, Fisherman’s Friend, Just For Men and Brut (c.16m sales value portfolio) within the major national multiples, Tesco and Sainsbury’s.
The primary function of this role is to manage specific national accounts in line with client standards, policy, performance and strategy and to obtain, maintain and develop profitable business with a specific account portfolio within defined market categories. You will:
- Manage and develop client business through specific multiple national accounts
- Provide input to the development of client brand and category plans
- Ensure plans reflect account opportunities and account strategy reflects the clients’ and company objectives, maximising product brand shares
- Provide accurate and timely sales volume and value forecasts
- Maintain updated information and reports with account trading policies and business objectives
- Ensure most favourable trading terms on price, service & profitability are negotiated
- Ensure promotional activity & new product listings maximise potential business in all accounts and to communicate all relevant information to the Business Controller
- Control clients’ product promotional budgets and identify improvement opportunities, maintaining control of overheads and expenses within defined limits to ensure most economic coverage of accounts
- Monitor and control account development
- Deliver budgeted sales
- Monitor competitor activity and to report on any such activity
- Recommend and implement alternative business strategy in light of changing market conditions
- Establish working relationships with marketing, sales planning & finance (for logistics)
- Liaise with the client, in conjunction with our Logistics Manager, to ensure sufficient stock is available to meet existing and future requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions relative to the core job functions, as requested
What we’re looking for:
- Strong understanding of the key financial measures that drive effective performance, e.g ROI calculations, promotional evaluation, return on capital employed and sales modelling.
- PC literate – Basic Word, Intermediate Excel, Basic PowerPoint
- Degree level calibre with minimum of 3-4 years account management experience
- Excellent communicator with the desire and adaptability to succeed
- Proven negotiation skills in order to interface effectively up to trade director level
- Proven track record of delivery of account plans to major multiple retailers
- Focussed and organised approach to relationship development
- Proven ability to work with customers to build multi-level relationships and to facilitate top-to-top meetings.
- The ability to understand the core principled of category management and to utilise these with trade recommendations and proposals.
- A broad understanding of external economic and political factors that influence the industry and the ability to eloquently outline these both at trade and client meetings.
- Recent exposure to the principles of category management, preferably in the health and beauty/food and drink industry.
- To have previous experience of identifying opportunities outside of their direct remit in order to add value to the wider business.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Aidan Goodall, our retained partner at Food Industry Associates on 0113 2160878. All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Food Industry Associates.
Apply for National Account Manager - Tesco & JS - Home Based
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly