Account Manager (Food Manufacturers)
My client now has a vacancy for an Account Manager (Food Manufacturers) to join their business. The Account Manager will directly manage large scale food manufacturers as well as distributors who are responsible for butchery and smaller manufacturers.
My client is an international business within food manufacturing and production.
As Account Manager (Food Manufacturers) you will be responsible for key account management and business development of existing accounts. Accounts include large scale food manufacturers, distributors and medium manufacturing sites. This is a field based sales role, covering a national remit. You will be required to be based in the North East England or Manchester and be flexible to stay away from home c.2-3 nights per week.
Please note there will be an extensive 6 months training/induction programme due to the technical element of the product. This will involve spending time throughout my clients business at different sites in the UK and Internationally.
The successful Account Manager (Food Manufacturers) will have the following demonstrable skills:
- Proven track record in account management and business development.
- Experience selling into food manufacturing sites would be advantageous but not essential due to full training being provided.
- Field sales experience.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation, both internally and externally.
- Target driven, tenacious and proactive.
- Self confident.
- Degree educated.
- Additional language as well as fluent in English would be desirable but not essential.
- Willing to travel nationally to accounts and spend nights away from home where required.
£30k basic salary + bonus, car, benefits package.