Commercial Finance Executive- NGP
British American Tobacco UK & Ireland is now searching for a Commercial Finance Executive to join our offices in Richmond on a permanent basis!
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organization with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too!
Commercial Finance provides proactive commercial insights and transparency of marketing decisions for effective resource allocation across the value chain.
The Commercial Finance Executive role is a bridge between the Finance and Marketing functions. It seeks to install financial skills and awareness into the Marketing function, making clear the financial implications of decisions in an impartial manner.
The role is focused on Next Generation Products (NGP), i.e. e-Cigarettes, tobacco heated products and etc. which are expected to be key growth segments in tobacco industry .
- Preparation of the Budget and Quarterly Performance Reviews (QPR) in various reporting tools (BPC, BI, and Excel).
- Manage Month End process for Marketing department. Correct accounting of accruals, preparation of various accounting journals as and when needed. Review the actual spend and track performance against budget.
- Manage Marketing Investment (MI) and Total Customer Investment (TCI) budget and resource allocation by acting like owners, taking initiatives, holding monthly budget holder meetings to ensure spend effectiveness and guide budget holders. Provide monthly update (i.e. saving opportunities, track of overspend, committed and uncommitted spend, quarterly spend) and prepare presentations for different forums.
- Prepare and analyse Customer Account profitability report on regular basis and provide value added action plans.
- Provide proactive support to the marketing department in building business cases and preparing post implementation reviews.
- Support in Competitor Analysis and Scenario modelling on competitors
- Actively support Pricing Management process (Timely and accurate reflection of Price changes in the system including Master data maintenance for external and internal pricing)
- Ensure marketing related masterdata (i.e. WBS/Cost Centers) is maintained in the system. Be the Subject Matter Expert for Marketing Finance department during system integration process.
- Establish strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Context/Environment
- The role is a bridge between the Finance and Marketing functions. It seeks to instil financial skills and awareness into the Marketing function, making clear the financial implications of decisions in an impartial manner.
- The department is responsible, together with marketing, for the profit and loss down to operating profit.
- The role requires financials skills and experience in the context of consumer marketing and is closely collaborating with every marketing & finance sub-functions (i.e. SP&I, Supply Chain, Trade, Brand, Corporate Finance,etc)
- The role requires effective management above market stakeholders (regional finance and marketing departments)]
Knowledge, Experience & Skills required
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional Accountancy qualification (i.e. CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA) is an advantage
- At least 2 years of relevant experience within BAT or an FMCG organization
- Familiarity with Accounting/Reporting systems: SAP, BPC, BI
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Comfortable to work with large data
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing principles and strategy in the areas of:
- Consumer and general Marketing concepts;
- Portfolio Strategy;
- Risk management techniques;
- Planning and resource allocation principles;
- Understanding and interpretation of research techniques.
- Driver of new initiatives;
- Proactive, persuasive, creative and prepared to challenge existing ideas;
- Strong communication skills, keeping the multi-cultural and above market environment into consideration;
- Provider of financial insights regarding the impact of marketing strategies;
- Understanding of all functions within the company; particularly the inter-relationships/interfaces between them.
- A person who feels comfortable in dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Take ownership of the tasks and ensure timely delivery with limited supervision
- Build strong peer network within organization and stay visible to leadership team
Key Success Factors
- Proven use of financial information to support business diagnosis, strategy and decisions.
- Relevant application of financial tools to enable informed decision making.
- Effective communication with senior marketing management and marketing budget holders. Ability to articulate financial concepts in operational/commercial terms to gain understanding, and influence the behaviour.
- Effective working relationships close pro-active collaboration with SPI, Trade and Brand teams along with Global NGP team.
- Functional (particularly Marketing) Managers, Finance interfaces and Regional Team,
External:This position plays an important role both in the success of the Company’s growth strategy, enabling more informed strategic and tactical decisions, and in the Finance strategy of being a proactive, value added business partner.
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke