Waitrose Category Manager for London Super Brand
Our client has a brilliant brand with a fabulous vision of the future. To maintain this leadership position, they are seeking to appoint a high calibre category manager that will maintain this position with a top retailer.
In this role you will:
- Work pro-actively in managing customer range reviews, merchandising changes, store trials and projects providing fact based recommendations and solutions whilst ensuring all key customer deadlines are met.
- Contribute to the annual category planning process to clearly drive the strategic direction for your key customers and ensure the category growth agenda is always top of mind.
- Develop long-term sustainable category partnerships with key retailer contacts.
- Set up and maintain regular meetings with the buyer to progress the category plan.
- Champion our category and shopper vision as a framework for long-term growth, tailoring where possible to increase customer relevance and understanding.
- Work alongside the Shopper team to then provide actionable recommendations for activation or trial.
- Produce advanced data analysis from multiple data sources to provide relevant reports, category updates and trend updates.
- Participate in shopper research projects as and when required.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated with significant experience in a fast-paced Category Management environment, ideally within the food industry. An understanding of continuous research data warehouses such as Nielsen will be required as will excellent presentation skills and a demonstrable track record working within a leading retailer.
If you are ready to take on a challenge where you will be a central player in a successful team then please apply now, attaching your CV and remuneration to Paul Nyman Consultancy, specialist in FMCG Category Recruitment. Interviews will be held initially via the team at Paul Nyman Consultancy in November.