FMCG Category Development Manager
Fantastic opportunity for a strong Category Manager to join a global FMCG business to take on a big category development role with responsibility for a top four grocer plus their key strategic customer. Reporting directly to the Category Development Controller, you'll unlock category and commercial growth opportunities through the translation of market data into actionable insight and by developing unbiased category and range recommendations. You'll also develop and deliver effective customer and category centric rationales to grow the business working with the Marketing, Commercial and Innovation teams.
Delivering business objectives
- Become a true 'subcategory expert', owning insight, category strategy and supporting budget delivery.
- Contribute to the delivery of the subcategory financial and strategic objectives within the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process.
- Support NPD initiatives on the basis of category and customer centric thinking and parameters.
- Develop listing and defence rationales for ranges across all subcategories, including both Brand and Own Label, for the most strategic customers.
- Be a second lead player within the Category team, deputising for the Category Development Controller when required.
Externalising expertise & vision
- Contribute to and lead the communication and implementations of category strategy, based on current shopper, customer and category insight.
- Lead Category and Range review projects for the most strategic customers, across all subcategories, including both Brand and Own Label, developing optimum range, merchandising and promotional recommendations.
- Develop long-term and trusted category relationships with the most strategic customers.
Key Experience/Knowledge and Skills:
- Ideally minimum of 3-5 years of Category Development experience in UK. (Would potentially also consider experience from a similarly developed market like France or Germany).
- Strong category development knowledge.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Shopper, category, customer understanding.
- Proficiency using of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at different levels.
- Working experience in leading one of the Top 5 or Coop category relationship.
- Proficient user of some Retailer's Customer softwares e.g. Morrisons Precima, Coop AOD (Answers On Demand), Tesco DunnHumby, Sainsbury's i2C.
*Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive we're sometimes unable to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. Successful applicants should hear back within 2-5 days.