Head of Manufacturing Operations for seriously exciting chilled brand
5 days left
- Contract Type
This seriously exciting chilled business is now turning over £1.3m after just two years of being in business. As a result, they need a Head of Manufacturing Operations to come in and take responsibility of all manufacturing so they can triple their production in the next year. Reporting into the Operations Manager (Co-Founder), this is an opportunity to advise a business on strategic direction to support ambitious plans for the business. You will be measured on customer delivery performance and would manage everything from the facility to inbound material management.
- Be responsible for all manufacturing and operational matters including production planning, within the business ensuring that all activities are performed to agreed targets.
- Drive improvement initiatives within the function to ensure maximisation of all opportunities specific to efficiencies and value engineering which will ultimately drive margin improvement.
- In direct support of the Operations Director, ensure that all inbound materials are secured at the most favourable price and delivered to agreed costs, quality standards and service levels.
- Responsible for all inbound, storage and outbound material management including trading partnerships with any third-party providers.
- Ensure that an appropriate Key Performance Indicator suite is implemented aligned to agreed targets.
- Be the main conduit and contact for all customer facing supply chain matters, ensuring that all customer requirements from a supply chain and operational aspect are captured, communicated and delivered.
- Responsible for team development and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that each key member of the team have personal development plans in place with key metrics aligned to both this role and overall business strategy.
- Providing the opportunity for team empowerment and the ownership of quality, cost and efficiencies throughout the team.
- Tripling production run rates over the next 12 months
- Support and align production and supply chain activities to ensure that the required margin improvement is achieved.
- Take responsibility for the outsourcing of any and all co-packing arrangements ensuring that all such activity maintains margin labels and drives subsequent improvement.
- Recommend, and subsequently deliver, an agreed functional supply chain strategy that aligns to and supports the existing 2019-2021 plan for the business.
- Be actively involved in the development of the subsequent 3-year plan, in order to help deliver the required growth and profit targets for the business.
- Customer delivery - On time in full
- Labour and line efficiency
- Maximisation and maintenance of product and delivery quality standards throughout the supply chain
- Reduction in waste
- Supply chain including material price variance
- Stock levels versus budget
- Third party providers versus budget
- Delivery of projects on time and to budget
- Staff engagement
- Your levels of excitement and self-motivation / engagement within the role
- Food Science, Engineering or Manufacturing degree preferable but not essential.
- Experience in leadership of manufacturing, having come through the ranks of manufacturing, engineering or ideally both.
- A change agent, somebody that can both drive and adapt to change quickly
- High level of understanding of the needs in relation to new product development.
- Understanding of what “best practice” operational and supply chain management looks like and how to get there.
- Experience working in a highly entrepreneurial environment, for example: rapid growth, new product manufacturing process design, creating things from scratch…
- Experience of working with retailers.
- Able to demonstrate true industry gravitas both internally and externally.
- A team player who supports and develops all those around him.
- Somebody who just loves what they do…