Position: Buyer EMEA
Based: Haddenham, United Kingdom
Do you have experience in regional or global indirect procurement? Do you want to find yourself well in a fast paced, international work environment? Do you want to achieve personal growth and accelerate your career in Procurement? If so, you might be the person we are looking for!
Our growth starts with yours.
- Excellent English skills in speaking, writing and reading
- French, Italian, Polish language are desirable
- 1-2 years prior experience in procurement is essential
- Professional approach towards stakeholders and occurring issues, self-sufficient and self-motivating
- Proficient SAP user
- Developed and implemented transformational category strategies at a Regional or Global level
- Good negotiating skills, ability to prioritize
- High learning agility: capable to learn in first-time situations and incorporate learnings to future actions
- Evidence of a strategic approach, with good communication skills, basic negotiation & influencing, and a desire to expand capabilities and take on more challenges.
- Master’s Degree graduate, with a strong academic background (A-Level / NVQ qualifications), ideally in procurement or business related topics, or evidence of significant business projects and work experience undertaken.
- Working across the local, regional and global procurement team and stakeholders to lead sourcing and contract management activities to drive value for the business.
- Scope includes – UK, FR, IT, PL + further markets TBC; identifying synergies with EMEA and Global Markets
- Mapping spend, vendors through rigorous data analytics and project pipeline generation
- Working together with key stakeholders to produce capital machinery process to tie in with critical spares purchases and MRO. Leading and tracking OEM conversion projects
- Implementation of contracts and SLA’s including establishing a review schedule
- Constantly looking for Innovative ways of working, improvement of processes & systems
- Developing functional competencies via McCormick learning tools
- Establishing authentic relationship with stakeholders become trusted business partner
- Identify and report on Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance and Increasing contract coverage to 80%+
- Key influencer over P2P compliance improvement
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,700 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 3,800 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.