Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
Job Title: Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
Salary: £35-50k (DOE)
Location: South Midlands
Sector / Industry: Food Supplier
Job Reference: RMSIM0111
Are you passionate about sustainability, the environment and ethical trade?
Do you enjoy a role with plenty of autonomy?
Looking to win the hearts and minds of a business around becoming more ethical?
Our client is one of the top food suppliers to national retailers. They are a leading name within the fresh produce industry. They currently source produce from vast number of countries around the world a lot of these companies are within the developing world so naturally there is a lot of ethical, sustainable and environmental issues involved. Due to this the company are investing in a brand new position for a CSR Manager. This person will be the first in and create a CSR function from a blank piece of paper. The company are already extremely ethical they are just looking to continue the good work as well as move in to new areas. This role requires a passionate, driven and capable CR or CSR professional to come on board and manage communication internally and externally. The role will also look at sustainability of produce, supply chain and minimising wastage/ improving efficiency etc as well as issues involved in modern slavery and ethical trade.
- £35,000 – 50,000 (dependent on experience)
- Full time – (8 - 5)
- 22 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing on years of experience)
- Annual salary reviews
- Great progression opportunities
- So CSR is at the forefront of what they do and something that really needs to be considered
- CSR at the moment is ad hoc/ HR & Marketing – but no one is heading up their Corporate Social Responsibility
- There is some great work that the company are doing that needs to be documented
- The retailer they supply are also known for their ethical stance and CSR work – so it is all about getting that coordinated approach
So what is their current CSR work?
- Managing/ embedding the right charities
- Fair trade – work with up to £30 million banana producers
- Modern day slavery
- Internal/ External Comms
Required Skills & Experience:
- As name suggests head up their CSR
- Coordinate departments
- Put together a CSR plan/ legacy
- Making people aware of the great work they are doing internally/ externally
- Coordinating with National Retailer – they do a lot of CSR but they are not good at celebrating it – so need to give that a push too
- Environmental issues
- Ethical trading/ Modern day slavery/ fair trade/ Project Manage
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Robert Moore firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.